Blue on Blue

Blue on Blue

This is a discussion on Blue on Blue within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the scenario I would fear if I was ever involved in a DGU situation. I know with adrenaline pumping, all your senses and ...

Thread: Blue on Blue

Blue on Blue

This is the scenario I would fear if I was ever involved in a DGU situation. I know with adrenaline pumping, all your senses and judgement are affected in many ways. LEO's are not immune to this and I can't imagine what the firing officer is dealing with right now.

Police: Denver-area officer mistakenly shot, killed by fellow officer – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

This happened in the town that neighbors us. Very distressing!

I can imagine that a careful review of this incident will cause a change in both training and in how officers proceed in similar situations.

I'm praying for all who were involved/impacted.

Bad situation. The shooter clearly failed to ID the victim who was dressed in a full uniform. I'm sure he feels bad, but putting a little light on the target might have changed the situation - something about knowing your target and what is behind it...
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Terrible situation. Prayers to all involved.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

StarPD45
    Unfortunately this happens more than you might think.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of officer Davis. From what I read the firing officer showed extremely poor judgement , if he used any judgement at all! You see it every deer season. Some idiot sees movement and fires , hitting another hunter.( I have been hunting for 35 years and have never seen a hunter that looked like a deer). The call was about some idiots firing a gun. That was all. Nothing was said about them shooting at people . What forum members can take from this is to remember to identify your target and that you can not just shoot someone because the have a gun.

VIP Member
    Already running here: BAD: Colorado police officer killed
    Ben

CANT: Carry Always, Never Tell

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    This is the scenario I would fear if I was ever involved in a DGU situation. I know with adrenaline pumping, all your senses and judgement are affected in many ways. LEO's are not immune to this and I can't imagine what the firing officer is dealing with right now.
    He is feeling what any of us would feel. The color red trumps the color blue in any tragedy involving a firearm or, for that matter, any incident that involves you and the death of another.

Friendly fire has to be one of the hardest things to deal with.

So sad. I could not imagine. Prayers for all involved.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

It's a tragedy; a completely avoidable tragedy. My prayers go out to the families involved.

Sponsored Links