Shooting Back

This is a discussion on Shooting Back within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome from North Carolina! I am not a church goer, yet I have never understood the logic, or lack thereof, that some states use to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Shooting Back

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Welcome from North Carolina!

I am not a church goer, yet I have never understood the logic, or lack thereof, that some states use to ban carry in churches.

2. Remove Ads

I'd be ready, along with a state trooper, local police chief and several deputies. I'm not LEO, but on the staff at my church. We do have a preschool at our church so normally it's off limits, but Indiana law says if you're designated as a member of the security team and have a permit, you can carry there. I talked to our leadership and they wrote a letter stating I'm part of the security team. That doesn't allow me to carry on any other school property, just ours.

I carry my Kimber ultra cary every Sunday. Our pastor is also armed.

I carry to church, and one of our deacons also carries. I'm sure there are more, but it isn't something most people talk about.

Welcome.
    We have 8-12 armed safety personnel on duty all the time, most with walkie-talkies. Several are current or retired LEOs. We train and discuss possible scenarios every month. We also know most of the doctors/nurses/EMTs and there is always one of those on the walkie-talkie to be on call.
    So, yes, we would shoot back. But doing that in a crowded church is something you need to think about before you find yourself having to do it.
    So far, we have had only medical situations to deal with. The wireless communication is great for getting trained help on scene quickly - one person gets the weelchair, one gets the O2 tank, one makes sure the ambulance comes to the right door, several to do crowd control, etc. So so far all the armed personned do is be gofurs, and we'll be glad if that's all we ever get to do.

Church I currently attend meets in a public high school, so carry is a no-go, but I picked up the kindle version to give it a read
    I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory;
    Psalm 44:6-8
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimshooter View Post
    The Kindle version is apparently...free.
    Awesome. Just downloaded it to my kindle.

The one church I go to you can carry IF you are a member and have a ccw. This is in the by laws and you are told about this once you become a member. The other church I go to does not allow guns in the church or on the property. I do not carry there of course.

I know it can be difficult for some to understand but church is a place of worship and much more than a building to many of us. If the church says no carry one has to respect that place enough to abide by the members decision. Going to another church would be the answer. We have to remember we don't want people to take away our right of course so we don't have the right to take their rights away either.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

VIP Member
    Read the book a while ago, and enjoyed it. That said, in answer to your question, I'd wonder what I was doing in church. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Read the book a while ago, and enjoyed it. That said, in answer to your question, I'd wonder what I was doing in church. :)
    OPFOR: I can guarantee that the roof will not fall in on you
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Welcome from So Cal!

I will look into the book, and yes I am always armed at my church. If the need arises I can introduce people to Jesus, one way or another.
    OPFOR likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Welcome from Delaware! I (retired), another (retired) and two active duty LEO's are armed at every service.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I read it since this thread started. It is a good, if short, read. I bought a copy from Amazon to give to my pastor.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    CCW is not permitted in a church, in Arkansas
    Even if you get permission from the Church elders or minister.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links