Think it cant happen?

This is a discussion on Think it cant happen? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DaGunny I don't own a boat, so all of my guns were stored in my vehicle that got stolen...and was found the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Think it cant happen?

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    I don't own a boat, so all of my guns were stored in my vehicle that got stolen...and was found the following morning...without the weapons...darn the luck!
    Bummer.. Poop happens. Lol

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    None of that matters to the majority of voters in this country anymore.

“When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”

- Benjamin Franklin

“A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship”.

- Alexander Fraser Tytler

The fools who wish to be lorded over have spoken in the voting booths.

As a country we are essentially doomed.
    They will give up anything to be taken care of, to be handed all they feel they deserve.
    I've been saying this for years.

I think there is something we can do. At the state and local levels as well as with the senate and house, we must mobilize to put the right men and women in place. We must also change the election laws for term limits and anti- lobbying.

These things will negate the presidents and the scotus. However, if we don't do it over the next couple of terms we are sunk.

Are you (you as in everyone) willing to do is? Willing to write and call and email and either start or sign petitions? Are you willing to mobilize and just not talk about it?

I hope every is. I am. I'll be meeting with my senator face to face soon.
    mg27 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    I'll be meeting with my senator face to face soon.
    He will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then he will do whatever he thinks will help HIM.
    darbo and oneshot like this.

We have to remember the government only has as much power as WE give them. I can see a strengthened AWB in the future. Confiscation of current rifel's, that would be difficult. They can threaten will jail time but cant jail all of us. Our guns won't be taken from us tomarrow just like we won't be on socialized medicine next year. Slowly they want take advantage of our complacency and transform America while squashing all private rights and liberties in the process. The question is will we let them?

Mabey The trick to not loosing our freedoms is to not fear loosing our freedoms. IDK

Dream on, folks. All that must happen is for the SCOTUS to redefine "keep and bear arms", then for federal law to require you to take all "non-compliant" firearms (semi-automatic, capable of holding more than 3 rounds, larger than .22 cal, whatever) to your local police dept and get a receipt. At some point, the list of turned in arms will be checked against the permits that have been issued and anyone not in compliance will be classed as a terror threat and held for an indeterminate term. While this is being set up, there will be lots of distractions to cloak the behind-the-scenes preparations. The 3 million ultra-conservative idiots who refused to vote for Romney because he was too moderate have opened us all to this disaster.
    darbo and oneshot like this.

Most likely there will be THREE NEW SUPREME COURT JUDGES APPOINTED in the NEXT FOUR YEARS,,,,,

TALK ABOUT FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGING USA,,,,, WATCH OUT THEN.
    Piratesailor, darbo and oneshot like this.

Well, we won't be getting one new Supreme on the court. We'll be getting at least two. I don't see the 2A surviving intact.
    darbo, Caertaker and oneshot like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    He will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then he will do whatever he thinks will help HIM.
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm willing to make the time for multiple meetings. If he doesn't respond then I'll vote against him and rally others to do so too. Anyone else willing to meet their congressman more than once? I would hope so.

If not then we are done... And those good people that didn't act will be responsible.

Think it cant happen?

Well I guess we're screwed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The only positive thing I can think of is that there aren't nearly enough prison cells to hold all of those of us who resist a law requiring us to turn in our guns. Neither the states nor the Federal Government has the resources to build new prisons or they would be building them now for the already overcrowded criminal justice system.
    The last election has shown that the public will listen to the empty promises of the lying media and political establishment. The sheeple will believe that banning guns will eliminate crime and make them safe. They will not bother to find out for themselves whether gun bans in other countries have made them safer. Just like Prohibition, once the Constitutional blockade is breached, guns will be outlawed and millions of law-abiding citizens will become outlaws.

StarPD45
    Like so many things governments do, gun control is not about guns. It's about control.

I personally don't think any gun control laws will make it through congress, at least not the house. That leaves executive orders and department regulations. All I can add to that is pray. And prayer takes action. Call and email your congress critters. Sign petitions. At least they will know that we know what they are up to, even if the sheep don't.
    And maybe we can get a little help in 2014. By then at least a few more people might get wise.

Distinguished Member
    This scares the crud outta me. You can just see the people in the video are completely at a loss as to how they let this happen! I hate to admit it but I think I could see this happening in this great country of ours. I've been thinking about it since last night, if we want to make a stand against this, we're gonna have to take the politics out of it. I really don't know if I believe we can keep this from happening, BUT I'M GONNA TRY!

I'm making a goal, I'm going to try to take atleast one new person shooting a month. Someone who's not into guns, preferably not pro 2A or atleast on the fence. Just think I we each did it, that's alot of new people being exposed to firearms. Might go start a new thread with a challenge!
    darbo, mg27 and blitzburgh like this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    If Barry gets to appoint new SCOTUS members, and I think there will be 3-4 replaced, it matters a lot which ones are replaced. I suspect Breyer (74) and Ginsberg (79 and in i health) will be reaced. That, while adding youth to the left, does not change the ideological complexion of the court. Replacing Kennedy (76) would make a swinger, who is pro 2A, a confirmed Lib. Replacing Scalia (76), should be retire or die would really change the court. I hope that it is only Breyer and Ginsberg he gets to replace. I fear there will be others.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Reading through this thread I am reminded of the Japanese soldiers who fought on years after the war was over because they were unaware. Do you think that your 2nd amendment rights are only in jeopardy if new, presumably more liberal, justices will be seated? If you haven't seen the Fox interview with conservative Justice Scalia yet click on the link below and advance it to 7 minute in (approximately 2.5 minutes in all).

Clearly his take on "shall not be infringed" is different than mine.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links