Reconsidering carrying one in the chamber.... - Page 4

Reconsidering carrying one in the chamber....

This is a discussion on Reconsidering carrying one in the chamber.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If anyone can find any reputable defensive handgun instruction that advocates empty chamber (Condition 3) carry, I sure would like to see the reference. Yep, ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Reconsidering carrying one in the chamber....

If anyone can find any reputable defensive handgun instruction that advocates empty chamber (Condition 3) carry, I sure would like to see the reference. Yep, I've heard it talked about. But never by anyone upon who's opinion I would be willing to bet my life.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Glad you've rethought it before it was too late.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If anyone can find any reputable defensive handgun instruction that advocates empty chamber (Condition 3) carry, I sure would like to see the reference. Yep, I've heard it talked about. But never by anyone upon who's opinion I would be willing to bet my life.
    Anyone in Illinois...

You can carry... supposedly.... it's been called the 6 second rule... With an FOID card, (or, also supposedly, an out of state carry permit).

None in the chamber, magazine out. in a zippered container, mag in a separate container in the same zippered outer container... Purse or fanny pack.

1. open zippered container
    2. open mag pouch
    3. insert mag
    4. bring one shell into battery
    5. aim
    6. fire
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSilverT View Post
    I have had a ccw for a while, but only have actively carried my G19 for the past few months...I'm 6'3, 225 and this guy was much larger. This made me very aware that had something occurred, securing my kids/wife, drawing, chambering would not have worked...Just wanted to share this with others who may be carrying an empty chamber. Maybe this was God's way of telling me.
    Glocks are safe and like most modern guns will not fire unless you pull the trigger. Despite what the press will have us think, guns do not fire by themselves (just like SUVs don't attack innocent pedestrians by themselves!). Keep your finger off the trigger and practice safety at all times. If you feel uncomfortable carrying at home with the kids around, unload the gun, and lock it up. But keep one in the chamber whenever you carry.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vstromrider View Post
    oh no here come the condition 1 nazis , You must carry cond 1! or you are unamerican. you must or you are the same as being unarmed!. if you carry cond 3 you will most certainly die! Condition 1 carry folks make better lovers! etc....
    I'm all for a civilized debate as to the merits of carrying in either condition. My recommendation to you is to make your arguments without insulting people. So, instead of berating people who advocate condition 1 carry, please let us know why you prefer condition 3.
    Tangochuck likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    I worry less about my kids getting their hands on the pistol than I worry about them banging their heads on the butt of the 1911 when they run into me at full speed.
    Oooh that is scary. That little headbut may make that gun go off!

NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Detractors of Condition 1 seem to conveniently forget that the only "condition" difference between a cocked & locked 1911 and a Remington 870/1100 in the field is that they can't SEE THE HAMMER on the Remington.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Everyone should carry whichever way is best for them,the main thing is to actually carry in the first place.The chances and needing a weapon are far greater than needing one a second faster.Alot of people new to carry start with empty chamber and move to regular carry eventually.Actually having a firearm,empty chamber or not could save a life,it should not be discouraged.Having said that,I am in the carry chambered crowd.
    vstromrider likes this.

Administrator
    Just to clarify. The index finger does not enter into the trigger guard in order to pop out the Saf-T-Blok. Please see the video.
    Please disregard the pop up "AD" stuff in the Vid and just watch it for the basic operation of the item.

I am not calling the Saf-T-Blok the ideal panacea or solution but, I am suggesting it as (what I feel) is a better alternative than GLOCK empty chamber carry.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I'm all for a civilized debate as to the merits of carrying in either condition. My recommendation to you is to make your arguments without insulting people. So, instead of berating people who advocate condition 1 carry, please let us know why you prefer condition 3.
    I have seen this many times before and I knew the cond 1 folks would be all over those of us who carry cond 3 on occasion and attempted humor. seems you offend easily. sorry to offend you.

I have never heard of a civilian anywhere losing a fight because he was carrying condition 3. I have heard and know those that have shot them selves or nearly so with glocks.. the defense rests...

I have never heard of a civilian anywhere losing a fight because he was carrying condition 3. I have heard and know those that have shot them selves or nearly so with glocks.. the defense rests...
    because they didn't keep their booger hook off the bang switch. And they also didn't follow the rule, never point a weapon at anything you aren't willing to destroy.
    JDE101 and pittypat21 like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I have seen this many times before and I knew the cond 1 folks would be all over those of us who carry cond 3 on occasion and attempted humor. seems you offend easily. sorry to offend you.
    Forgive us, but we haven't seen your interesting sense of humor "many times before". You know, if you're gonna' apologize, why do you then continue to give multiple departing eye-pokes about us being so easily offended? Either be sorry or don't be sorry. But please, make up your mind.

Front Sight's Monday Blog: Why You Carry a Loaded Gun...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Reconsidering carrying one in the chamber....

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Oooh that is scary. That little headbut may make that gun go off!

I was thinking more along the lines of knocking them out or leaving a nasty bruise.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links