Another Theater Shooting (almost)

This is a discussion on Another Theater Shooting (almost) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems that every time I start to wonder if I'm paranoid I find a story like this that reassures me, and lets me know ...

Thread: Another Theater Shooting (almost)

It seems that every time I start to wonder if I'm paranoid I find a story like this that reassures me, and lets me know my free time spent training, reading, and dry-firing is not wasted. For me, a prepared mass shooter in a dark, crowded environment is the scariest possible scenario for an average CCWer.
    This particular story bothers me because my girlfriend, mother, and 4 sisters are actually off to watch this movie at the moment. These movies are probably the easiest targets for a shooter like this, mostly young women and most theaters are no-gun zones. This is a classic scenario but for that very reason it is a good one to run through yet again. (And of course it would Walmart that the perp planned on visiting next, I hate that place)KANSAS CITY, Mo.: Cops: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie | National | ADN.com

2. Remove Ads

Re: Another Theater Shooting (almost)

Well... after the vampire sparkling thing... I wanna shoot the producers in the butt with rock salt....:D

Seriously though.. idk what people are thinking. But even if there weren't guns, they'd use sticks or bats or iron bars...

Some people are just disturbed... it sucks...

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    If he was under a Dr's care he didn't legally obtain the guns! DR

I am still looking for a link to post, but I just saw a story on the local Tulsa news about a woman with a CCL license accidentally firing her gun in the ladies room at the AMC movie theater. Apparently she shot herself in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    Well... after the vampire sparkling thing... I wanna shoot the producers in the butt with rock salt....:D

Seriously though.. idk what people are thinking. But even if there weren't guns, they'd use sticks or bats or iron bars...

Some people are just disturbed... it sucks...
    WRT the bolded part of your post - you got that right. Somehow (I have my opinions on how this happened) we have raised a generation that turns to violence as a first line response to adversity. They have absolutely no respect for human life. The gubmint can ban all the guns they want, and it still won't change this fact. Until we address the actual issue of why these people are turning to violence, nothing will change, except the weapons they use.

Man i hope they dont start banning guns from theatres, i dont no what im going to do, you know the bad guys dont pay mind to such foolishness, its only going to hurt the abiding citizens ... us. These theatere shootings is some scary stuff..

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So how much time in the slammer do you geet for telling the cops what you wanted to do or planned to do? Do they seize your firearms? Void your 2A rights? Ship you over to mental health confinement, for how long? Obviously if he decides to stop taking his meds again...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The story says he was under a Doctors care AND was off his medications (refused to take them or otherwise). That's a bad mix regardless.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Lammers stated he wanted to stab a Walmart employee to death and followed an employee around a Walmart store before officers got involved in 2009, according to police.
    I'm assuming this is why he was under a doctors care. If so he had to falsify the 4473 if the gun was bought at a store, so it wasn't bought legally.

Hamilton said it appeared that Lammers obtained the firearms legally but that police were continuing to investigate "to determine how in fact he was able to obtain a permit."

Read more here: KANSAS CITY, Mo.: Cops: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie | National | ADN.com
    Since when does MO require a permit to buy a long gun?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links