Home invasion using a shotgun in a small town where I live.

This is a discussion on Home invasion using a shotgun in a small town where I live. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can't wrap my mind around the idea of sleeping without locking the doors! The locks on my house are only unlocked for about 45 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Home invasion using a shotgun in a small town where I live.

I can't wrap my mind around the idea of sleeping without locking the doors! The locks on my house are only unlocked for about 45 seconds per day- when I'm walking thru them to go in or out. I lock them behind me in both cases. Obviously a lock can be broken but not quietly as a rule.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmhpfan View Post
    In Oklahoma, last December an 18 year old mother who lost her husband to cancer in the same week two low lifes tried to break in her house and steal her deceased husband's pain meds. She called the police and they were going to send someone but of course no one knew how long it would be. She told the dispatcher that she had a shotgun and revolver and asked should she use them to defend herself. The dispatcher told her that she could not tell her what to do but she needed to do what she needed to protect her and her baby. She had the couch pushed up against the door and bad guy number#1 who was armed a hammer and a butcher knife and when he got through the door he was met by some 12 gauge buckshot. Liberal news media painted it as a tragedy that could have been avoided, right thinking people praised her for defending herself and her baby. I heard one comment that went "well how do they know that bad guy number#1 had violent intent?" Well you don't kick someone's door down late at night with a hammer and a butcher knife when your out collecting for the red cross.
    I heard about that! I praise the poor woman for what she did! She protected herself and her baby, she is not a sheep!

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Lame post saying "lame post." WTH?
    These people were victims of violent crimes and you make the disparaging "sheep" comment. The sheep, wolf, sheepdog is inane in most contexts.

Violent crimes can happen to anybody. Any home can be invaded. Obviously most people on this site have measures in place to defend against a couple of stoned teenagers randomly and sloppily breaking into their homes, but that's because most people don't have anything valuable and live a politically correct and boring life that wouldn't warrant a serious break in.

My point is that your comment was unnecessary. There's no need to make fun of victims of crime. If virtually anybody had a stretch of bad luck and ended up being targeted by real criminals, then they (possibly you) would be made to look like a sheep.

Lock the doors, have a dog, have an alarm, have a 12 gauge and a .45, because all of those things are useful, but have some class too.

Now what would people say if they shot them as the guys were leaving after not hurting them? Would that be justified or seen as unwarranted since hey were leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    These people were victims of violent crimes and you make the disparaging "sheep" comment. The sheep, wolf, sheepdog is inane in most contexts.

Violent crimes can happen to anybody. Any home can be invaded. Obviously most people on this site have measures in place to defend against a couple of stoned teenagers randomly and sloppily breaking into their homes, but that's because most people don't have anything valuable and live a politically correct and boring life that wouldn't warrant a serious break in.

My point is that your comment was unnecessary. There's no need to make fun of victims of crime. If virtually anybody had a stretch of bad luck and ended up being targeted by real criminals, then they (possibly you) would be made to look like a sheep.

Lock the doors, have a dog, have an alarm, have a 12 gauge and a .45, because all of those things are useful, but have some class too.
    Fantastic response. I am so sick of people here (and on other sites) using the old, tired, "sheep, wolf, sheepdog" mantra. Most of them are simply self-important boobs "I'm a sheepdog, that would never happen to me". Anyone, anyone can be a victim of a violent crime. It doesn't matter how many guns, dogs, alarms, secured doors, etc. one has; no matter how good you are, there is always someone out there better than you.

Many of the "sheepdog posters" are the same people who make claims like they only carry to defend themselves and their family, wouldn't open the door for someone who seemed to be in legitimate danger, etc. Guess what genius, the sheepdog's job is to give up his life for the sheep.

Not everyone is capable of using deadly force, even if they have the necessary skills (which most people don't). People who don't have the mindset and skills to kill are better off unarmed. Making fun of innocent victims of violent crime is immature and in very poor taste.
    DooSPX likes this.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    Fantastic response. I am so sick of people here (and on other sites) using the old, tired, "sheep, wolf, sheepdog" mantra. Most of them are simply self-important boobs "I'm a sheepdog, that would never happen to me". Anyone, anyone can be a victim of a violent crime. It doesn't matter how many guns, dogs, alarms, secured doors, etc. one has; no matter how good you are, there is always someone out there better than you.

Many of the "sheepdog posters" are the same people who make claims like they only carry to defend themselves and their family, wouldn't open the door for someone who seemed to be in legitimate danger, etc. Guess what genius, the sheepdog's job is to give up his life for the sheep.

Not everyone is capable of using deadly force, even if they have the necessary skills (which most people don't). People who don't have the mindset and skills to kill are better off unarmed. Making fun of innocent victims of violent crime is immature and in very poor taste.
    Best post I have seen so far!
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links