Cleve. homeowner shoots and kills intruder

This is a discussion on Cleve. homeowner shoots and kills intruder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Typical of the flaming liberal Cleveland media! And Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, and all the other cities in Ohio....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cleve. homeowner shoots and kills intruder

Typical of the flaming liberal Cleveland media! And Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, and all the other cities in Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    So, what if he concealed himself and 'waited' for the dirtbag to break in...then shot him?

I hope it was 2-CoM and 1H.

Society now has one less scumbag wandering the streets looking for crimes to commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Agreed. The property owner has the right to "occcupy" and protect his investmants just as anyone else has. To think otherwise would also imply NO one has the right to defend himself in the home. This should not be confused with setting a boobie-trap for intruders.

^I'm in this camp^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who gives a rats pituty what spin some morons want to put on it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    Not just irresponsible, horribly written too. I think little Blake needs to go back to journalism school, learn to write and pay more attention to the part on ethics as well.
    Agreed, although stories such as this are happening with such frequency, that I'm actually a bit surprised whenever there is real, factual, unbiased coverage of any story involving guns/gun owners/self defense. For some reason, it seems almost impossible for "reporters" (and I use that term loosely) to keep their personal opinions out of their coverage these days. What now passes for hard news is probably making the "ancient ones" of journalism turn over in their graves.

As for the actual facts in this story (at least as we know them) it appears to be a case of a homeowner protecting his property and perhaps his own safety. Now, I admittedly do not know the laws in Ohio, but I would think that this is a perfectly legal thing to do.

I hardly equate "sleeping on the couch" with "lying in wait for villains". I'd also point out that even the truly awful grammar and poor wordsmithing of the reporter still found time to mention that the homeowner "got his gun". Not "drew his gun". Not "pointed the AR-15 loaded with 60 rounds of tacticool zombie ammunition".

Regardless of whether the owner of the home happens to live there full time, he was woken from a sleep while in a property he owns, got his legally owned firearm, and when he saw an immediate threat to his life in the form of someone who was both armed with a lethal weapon and engaged in a criminal acticity, and he responded with lethal force. I see absolutely no issue with his actions.

I always find it so odd when people make a big deal out of situations like this. Burglar with a deadly weapon enters a home and gets shot by the owner. One less criminal walking around. I am guessing he won't have any more vandals anytime soon.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    the big deal is, that poor biased journalism is seen by thousands of readers and puts a big damper on 2nd ammendment rights... they see/read that the gun owner is at fault not the criminal
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links