DIDN'T confront someone today ... - Page 2

DIDN'T confront someone today ...

This is a discussion on DIDN'T confront someone today ... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mulle46 His response could have been based on how you presented it to him. If you were agitated, annoyed, etc, he could ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: DIDN'T confront someone today ...

Re: DIDN'T confront someone today ...

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    His response could have been based on how you presented it to him. If you were agitated, annoyed, etc, he could have felt it was more critical than it actually was. Even though you post it wasn't a clear emergency, you might have presented it to him as such. OMO
    Or it could of been because he was pissed that the same guy he shew'd off before dinner is back as I'm about to eat. Etc.

Least it didn't turn violent and nobody was harmed. I personally wouldnt of involved myself, in any way, unless the guy got violent.?

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    well done, let the pro's do what theyre good at.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Nicely done! Glad it all went well.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Now that's how RESPONSIBLE carrying citizens handle uncomfortable situations.

Well played, I hope others reading this will follow your directive of how to handle something like that, by doing the right thing, and not react inappropriately.

When carrying we all need to act responsibly, think before we overreact, and don't think that just because we're armed and licensed we can use it at our discretion.

You saw a situation, assessed it as a possible issue that could turn bad, you were going to call 911 because at this point YOU DID NOT NEED to interpose...yet, but saw a LEO, made him aware of what was going on, and let HIM do his job!!

Again.....Kudos to you
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Thats the best way to handle it,any other way if it escalates you will look like you provoked it,only way I would have interjected myself was if he actually assaulted a female,then it's on
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    It wasn't just that he responded quickly, it was how quickly he responded. It was almost to the level of a response I'd expect to an emergency, which this clearly wasn't. He moved so quickly I seriously half jumped out of the way. I will be sending props to the Cincinnati PD this evening.
    I don't mean to argue. But, this was an "emergency" situation!

This pan-handler was obviously aggressive, belligerent and most likely under the influence. He was was trying to intimidate & menace the public. This situation could have went REAL bad; real FAST and the officer new that.

Who's to say the next step from this aggressive & belligerent man may have been "pulling" a knife or some other weapon? This man was most likely committing the crime of menacing & simple assault; (if the officer chose to pursue it). No, this situation could have turned deadly in a skinny minute! (Kudos to the officer for recognizing the danger & acting promptly.)

BTW;
    The officer most likely knew who the guy was; he just needed you to ID him so he could act to remove him.

-

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Several months ago in downtown Cincinnati a guy like this attacked a woman at a bus stop stabbing her over 20 times until subdued by other people waiting for the bus. I suspect the police are hyper sensitive to this type of behavior after that. The mayor is really pushing to make downtown an attractive destination so I also suspect the directive is to keep these kinds of people under control.

Well handled.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'm more surprised by the fact an LEO was on scene over how quickly he repsonded.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Now that's how RESPONSIBLE carrying citizens handle uncomfortable situations.

Well played, I hope others reading this will follow your directive of how to handle something like that, by doing the right thing, and not react inappropriately.

When carrying we all need to act responsibly, think before we overreact, and don't think that just because we're armed and licensed we can use it at our discretion.

You saw a situation, assessed it as a possible issue that could turn bad, you were going to call 911 because at this point YOU DID NOT NEED to interpose...yet, but saw a LEO, made him aware of what was going on, and let HIM do his job!!

Again.....Kudos to you
    Remember everyone... we earned concealed carry permits... we weren't deputized like Otis and Gomer.

Gomer_Otis2.jpgGomer_Otis.gif
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Moderator
    Ya done good, and handled it like a pro
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Textbook! A perfect response using the proper tools near to hand.... A great example of avoidance deterrence and good citizenship all in one...

Kudos to you and the LEO.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links