Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think - Page 2

Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think

This is a discussion on Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These are some pretty crazy dreams. I have not had a dream about a misfire of any sort. I did and still do have dreams ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think

Wow. . . .

These are some pretty crazy dreams. I have not had a dream about a misfire of any sort. I did and still do have dreams about me being in S.W.A.T. and leading the group. Sometimes I get shot in the chest (vest on) and get up and keep on shooting. All other ones have been in that type of scenarios. I guess I watch too much S.W.A.T. USA on TV. I have had so many of those dreams that when I become S.W.A.T. I am going to expect to get hit. My girls hates when I say that but I am ok with it. (As long as I have a vest and a couple team members to cover me )
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Me too...

I have these from time to time. Always a BG comming at me in a very low light situation. I always have my p91, which is double/single action. The trigger is super heavy and I can quite get the hammer to fall. I eventually switch to trying with both fingers, still no luck. For some mysterious reason, the BG just hangs out and helps me start trouble shooting. "How bout if you try single action, ok. Nope thats not going to work either...Try this" This dialague usually goes on for some time....

I no longer carry my p91, so, I hope the next time this happens, I'll have my 1911...
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    Glad to hear I am not the only one that has interesting gun related dreams. The only dream that I have had repeatedley is that I come face to face with a BG and my gun will not fire. No matter what I do it won't fire. Rack slide, drop mag etc -- I usually end up waking up in an extremely cold sweat.
    That is a very common type of dream. As a teacher, my recurring dream is that I am at the podium about to begin class and I realize that I am totally unprepared. Or, you are trying to escape a BG type and your feet will not move. There are, of course, many other variations on this theme. If anyone has studied dream intrepretation, I would love to know what you think about this type of dream.

Ron

.338 Laupua?

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I make my way up to the roof, and-- what luck! --there's a Remington SR-8 prototype .338 Lapua rifle w/scope and bipod sitting there just waiting for me!
    I'm sory for this, but I have to ask.

Have you ever worked for "Mall Security" or studied ninjitsu?

When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links