Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think

This is a discussion on Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I had a strange dream that I opened the interior door that leads into the garage only to have a BIG vicious dog ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre gun dream, but it made me think

Last night I had a strange dream that I opened the interior door that leads into the garage only to have a BIG vicious dog lunge at me snarling and foaming at the mouth. It looked like one of the infected dobermans from the first Resident Evil movie.
    I threw my body weight into the door and almost got it closed but the dogs head got in. While holding the door on the dogs neck with all my might, I could not reach my ccw.
    My first thought was for my wife (standing behind me, pushing me into the door), to draw my G29 which was at my 4:00 IWB.
    But, I did NOT instruct her to do that. Instead I yelled "GET THE SHOTGUN!" She ran and grabbed the 870 shoved the muzzle into the mouth of the beast and fired. The blast was so loud that it woke me up and my ears were ringing. It was very bizarre.

After my heart slowed down to a normal rate, I immediately thought of the G29. I subconsciously knew that telling her to draw a weapon from MY waistband with me wiggling, yelling and a snarling beast trying to get inside, was a very dangerous thing to do. The odds of her accidentally shooting ME while acquiring the weapon in that circumstance was high, even though she is a shooter and quite familiar with the Glock and the 1911's operation, as well as having had the 4 rules burned into her brain for the last 9 years.

Added to my to-do list for this week: Have wife practice drawing EMPTY gun from my IWB holster without getting her finger in the trigger guard or sweeping me with the muzzle.

Humm I had a dream a couple of nights ago. I was at a small airport when a small aircraft came in for a very hard landing. So hard that the gear collapsed and the plane skidded to spinning a halt.
    A bunch of us were running to to the airplane to make sure the pilot was OK when he jumped out of the damaged bird and grabbed a very nasty looking riffle with all kinds of junk hung from it, you know tac light, laser, bayonet, all kinds of extra stuff and he went running toward the nearest hanger with a very maniacal look on his face. In the dream pulled the HK and attached the M6X and ducked behind the hanger door, and when I looked around everyone, and I mean everyone had pulled their CCW and was doing likewise. When the BG pulled to shoot someone on the tarmac everyone opened up at once, the PERP was in such a panic he was running like his rear was on fire, N could not get a shot off. Woke up at that.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    When I worked security, often dreamt that my bullets would roll softly out of the barrel and bounce on the floor. Very frustrating. Have heard that lots of people who carry guns have "failure" dreams.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Two from last night:

First was the 'gun doesnt work dream' in many versions. The most memorable being the one where the front sight is _always_ to the right or left of the rear posts. No amount of moving the gun would get a good sight picture.

The second was weirder: Angelina Jolie was marketing her brand name pocket gun and matching wallet. The gun looked like a Colt Mustang or something similar, very thin small bore 1911 style frame. Comes with a pocket holster, and a real walet of the same demensions. But the comercials for this set up had Angelina doing voice over about how this gun saves lives or something, set to soothing musac with the gun and walet on a sandy beach getting washed by waves. All I can think is: covering a very nice little gun in sand and salt water...

AE

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I have had a couple of failure dreams myself.
    One was that the weapon would not fire because there was a bunch of pocket fluff between the hammer and the frame. When I woke, up, and looked, there really was some lint trapped there. Probably wasn't enough to prevent it from firing, but it was there.

A few weeks later I dreamed that I was trying to draw but my pocket holster refused to let go of the weapon. I woke, up, and of course had to try it. Guess what? The pocket holster came right out with the gun. I hadn't had it out of the holster in weeks, and the leather kinda glued itself to the weapon. YIKES! It took both hands to get it out of there. (yes I got lazy) I now make a point of pulling it out of the holster at least once a day, to make sure it never sticks again.

Let's just say some of these dreams are worth checking out. If I ever have a dream that I open up the front door and come face to face with an attacking BG. I think I might just call in sick. LOL!

Administrator
    Ask your Doctor If Ambien Or Lunesta Is Right For You!

Failure dreams!

Yeah, I had a failure dream once. A guy broke in and was coming at me after doing some pretty bad stuff to some others in the house. I pulled my 1911 .38 super and began firing, but the guy just kept coming. I was hitting him, and he wasn't even slowing down.

In the dream, I remember thinking, man I need a bigger bullet. So, now I use .357 or .45, or 12ga for HD. The .38 super is a safe queen, cause I'm still paranoid about it.

Crazy? Maybe!
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

You Guys Are Scarin' Me...

don't the voices ever tell you that those dreams aren't real? The voices tell me...

Stay safe...don't sleep!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    Last night I had a strange dream that I opened the interior door that leads into the garage only to have a BIG vicious dog lunge at me snarling and foaming at the mouth. It looked like one of the infected dobermans from the first Resident Evil movie.

How can you not love a dog that looks like that?

Beretta 92FS

I had a strange gun dream once. I was a detective staking out an apartment in western Colorado. A package was dropped off, like this was a counter-espionage case, and I heard a young woman speak from the ground level below, acknowledging the drop-off. My partner and I picked up the woman and brought her to our apartment for questioning. She was all doped up and hysterical, and she pulled a gun and brandished it, yelling at us to shoot her. I pulled my own sidearm, a Beretta 9000, and told her to put her own gun down. She wouldn't and kept yelling at us. Finally I decided enough was enough and opened fire. It turns out that my sidearm was a pellet gun, and did nothing more than leave little red welts on her. Finally the woman slowly tipped over and fell to the floor, and I said to my partner, "I think I need a bigger gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Shekkian View Post
    I had a strange gun dream once. I was a detective staking out an apartment in western Colorado. A package was dropped off, like this was a counter-espionage case, and I heard a young woman speak from the ground level below, acknowledging the drop-off. My partner and I picked up the woman and brought her to our apartment for questioning. She was all doped up and hysterical, and she pulled a gun and brandished it, yelling at us to shoot her. I pulled my own sidearm, a Beretta 9000, and told her to put her own gun down. She wouldn't and kept yelling at us. Finally I decided enough was enough and opened fire. It turns out that my sidearm was a pellet gun, and did nothing more than leave little red welts on her. Finally the woman slowly tipped over and fell to the floor, and I said to my partner, "I think I need a bigger gun."
    I wonder what Sigmund would have to say about that? ;)
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    I wonder what Sigmund would have to say about that? ;)
    I've heard this one quote from him, that fear of weapons is a sign of a certain disfunction. (I'd tell you what it is, but I'm not sure if the moderator would let me keep it.)

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Glad to hear I am not the only one that has interesting gun related dreams. The only dream that I have had repeatedley is that I come face to face with a BG and my gun will not fire. No matter what I do it won't fire. Rack slide, drop mag etc -- I usually end up waking up in an extremely cold sweat.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Funny that this was brought up.

The other night I had one of those dreams. Picture it being Holloween. I had just returned home from work and was going to take a quick shower when I notice a guy jump over my fence in to the back yard. Being Holloween, I figured this to be a prank so I watched with caution. I had not removed my carry piece so I made the move for it just in case, as the guy smashes in to the bedroom door. I draw, yell, and fire,...and fire...and fire...and...well you get the point. My shots were hitting and the guy just wasn't stopping. I empty the gun and smash him in hte face with it which seemed to more good than the 180gr HP's in the gun. I take him to the floor and pin him down.

All this time, my wife is at the front door handing out candy. I scream for her to get my .45 and bring it to me. At which time I notice the girl that had come in with him. She follows my wife to the other gun. I instruct my wife to point the gun at the girls face and get ready to shoot if she even twitched.

By this time the police responded bacause a neighbor that had heard all the ruckus called. They (the police) get there, find out what happened, and get this..., they let the guy go!!!!

I woke up angry.

About the strangest gun related dream I've had was I was walking around in the parking lot of a supermarket, when all of a sudden lots of angry mobs start storming the place from all directions, with torches, shovels, and small arms of all kinds. I notice they're closing in on me, so I pull my sw99 and make my escape into the supermarket. I tell the guy at customer service to call the police as there's a riot outside ready to storm the building.

I make my way up to the roof, and-- what luck! --there's a Remington SR-8 prototype .338 Lapua rifle w/scope and bipod sitting there just waiting for me! So I pick that piece up, and start scanning the crowd through the scope. I search for who might be the rallying force behind the mob, and it turns out to be one of my best friends. After a minute of agonizing "why him?" deliberation, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger, the crosshair right on his nose.

Then I woke up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links