Benefits of Anonymousness

This is a discussion on Benefits of Anonymousness within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All, I have a female friend that I used to date. She got married and recently, divorced. She got word to me that she ...

Thread: Benefits of Anonymousness

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar

Benefits of Anonymousness

Hi All,

I have a female friend that I used to date. She got married and recently, divorced.

She got word to me that she wanted to talk, but unfortunately she was trained as we are: To keep out of sight. She also forgot to leave a contact number or address.

I'm an accomplished tracker. However, what I have found the past couple nights is exactly how good she is. If I were a bg intent on stalking her, I flat out couldn't. She doesn't take the same way home. She never frequents the same establishments -- I've been all over the county with a picture and tip money.

She looks familiar to a lot of people, but that's all they can say.

She did leave a clue with me years back however: I have her grandmother's phone number. It hasn't changed. Now I also have her grandmother's last name and address, and I have Virginia's (the friend's) face out on my info gathering circuit.

But damn! When I can track someone in a town I don't know in two hours, and then try to track someone in a town I'm intimately familiar with and it takes two days to make significant headway, and that only due to luck on my part and intent on the party being traced, man, that says something for her, and I believe we should all aspire to be this safe!

I'm proud of her to be frank about it.

Josh <><

2. Remove Ads

CDH
    How did she "leave word" with you?

I wouldn't go any further than you already have in trying to find her. When you don't call her back, she'll wonder why and one of the things that will come to her when she thinks about it is that she may realize that she "isn't sure" that she left her number to begin with.

That should be easy for her to recall since it sounds like the message she left you was brief, and she'll realize soon enough that she didn't leave enough info.

Lead Moderator
    Unless a person is not employed , or using false ID , finding em should not be that difficult. It is tough to remain anynomous in this day and age, especially with all the computer info out there.
    Anyone who is trying that hard to not be found, I would wait for them to contact me.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Have you checked court records already? - you'll be amazed by how much info is public.

Go though her grandma it is the least threatening, and the old gal will be amused too.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Oh, I went through her grandma and am awaiting a call in the next couple days.

She left the info with me a few years back as a permanent get-in-touch. I had misplaced it and it was only luck that I stumbled across it.

Maybe you gotta know this girl, but once you're friends, you're not threatening, even years later. Besides, she's a good shot.

Josh <><

P.S. I really do know what I'm doing; I was only trying to illustrate how hard it would be for someone to find her if she didn't want them to do so. J.S.

You're right, even in this "free" information age if one doesn't want to be found, it isn't hard to "disappear".

VIP Member
    ....anonymity.....

I have to agree that in todays day & age it is hard to do. You leave tracks all over the place.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    ....anonymity.....
    Yep, just like making words up at times.

Josh <><

Does she have a CCW permit? If so, maybe it's one of the "public database" states.

Sorry. I couldn't resist that one.

Yeah. If she's that good at staying hidden, you should hire her! That skill cuts both ways. Bet she'd make an excellent tracker/skip tracer/bounty hunter/etc.

Links