Panic 9-1-1

This is a discussion on Panic 9-1-1 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The show also does an excellent job of demonstrating that police are just minutes away when seconds matter....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Panic 9-1-1

The show also does an excellent job of demonstrating that police are just minutes away when seconds matter.

2. Remove Ads

I never would have put the gun down. I can't believe she put the gun down.
    Duality, blitzburgh and steffen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart6 View Post
    I never would have put the gun down. I can't believe she put the gun down.
    That particular story got my blood boiling! Put the gun down...ummm. No! The BG is right outside my closet door!
    MrsHB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    That particular story got my blood boiling! Put the gun down...ummm. No! The BG is right outside my closet door!
    Lesson learned from this scenario... Once she had the gun she should have created a choke point at the bedroom door. BG opens door, she yells "don't move or I'll shoot." What happens next is up to the BG.

Panic 9-1-1

Quote Originally Posted by TheConcealer View Post
    OFFICERS ARE SIX MILES AWAY. Useless.

KEY TO GUN SAFE IS IN LIVING ROOM. Useless.

Wow.
    Worse still after prying it open the dispatcher tells he to put the gun down and away from herself. Useless and nearly got her killed

Should be required watching by the antis....I doubt it would change their view however , can't happen to them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    Just further proof that our society is to the point where many will accept being a victim over being self sufficent and independant.If the 911 dispatcher convinces her to become a victim then everyone can morn,feel sorry for,console her ect,ect.If she retains the weapon and her independance then everyone has to accept the reality that a violent felon was in her home attempting to harm her.Focus on the victim and the victims plight helps people avoid the reality of conflict.
    The easy way is always mined.

in the first example, she was told to "put the gun down"??? before the officer even arrived? Yikes. Red line should have been the bedroom door.

in the second example........... Damn, thats one nightmare to go through.

in the third example...... the lady showed considerable restraint. Always in control. Gave the BG plenty of chances to stay alive. Problem was solved when there were no further "options" available. I like her, and she has spunk.

PANIC 9-1-1 New Show A&E channel

I just watched a new Series on A&E about people that have used Deadly Force to protect themselves,seems like it may be a great way to wake up people on "The Fence" and paints the people as being Normal and not some crazy gunslingers etc.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Saw a little bit the other day, liked what I saw. I agree, it could be a real eye opener for some folks.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Will check it out. Thanks. It would be refreshing to see a positive spin.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Re: PANIC 9-1-1 New Show A&E channel

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I just watched a new Series on A&E about people that have used Deadly Force to protect themselves,seems like it may be a great way to wake up people on "The Fence" and paints the people as being Normal and not some crazy gunslingers etc.
    Don't think its strictly about 'deadly force' or home defense, but rather, 911 calls in general. The only ones I've seen thus far have been about HD situations however. But from the previews I've seen, other types of calls will be show-cased.

Either way, its a good show. And I'm EMT-B, Advanced EMD certified with over 10 years in the field. I watched it last night after a 12 hr shift. You'd think I would have been over it for the day. :o

SPOILER ALERT:

I disagree with the one about the single mom barricaded in the closet with her son and a .38. The dispatcher disarmed her far too early. I would have advised her to disarm once she heard officers make entry to her apt, not long before they arrived with an intruder in the home. Also, I'd ask for a description of the RP, and what she was wearing, to provide to the officers. Just to be certain that she wasn't mistaken as one of the intruders. My .02.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    MASSIVE likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    I disagree with the one about the single mom barricaded in the closet with her son and a .38. The dispatcher disarmed her far too early. I would have advised her to disarm once she heard officers make entry to her apt, not long before they arrived with an intruder in the home.
    I saw the teaser for that episode. I was yelling at the TV when the dispatcher kept telling the woman to lay her gun down. Then you hear the woman start screaming in terror... and NO gunshots. They'd have to censor my response to the dispatcher if I were in that situation!!!
    MASSIVE likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Taped and saw the show afterward. I like the show in general but dislike the flashy camera work with different colors all over the place. Got to be a bit much with the actual story lines. Nebraska is correct, I was pissed that the 911 operator told the single mom to disarm herself way too early. She could have saved herself a lot of grief of almost being raped by the idiot. My wife was pissed and made the comment, I'll not disarm myself unless the gun is taken away from my cold dead fingers. (I had to laugh at that one). She said she understands the 911 operator but that 911 gal did not fully grasp the situation. To tell the mom that she may not be able to be seen as any different from the male perp is simply stupid...

I also like the restraint the old lady had when the stoned older neighbor tried to break in. She was relatively calm in her decision making. Told the 911 op what she was doing... "I'm loading the shotgun now"... "I have the shotgun on safe now". "The intruder is going to break into the house now so I am taking the safety off the gun now"... (hearing breaking glass and her telling the perp to back off or she will shot... ) Bang...

Over all a good show. I think they stretched it out too long by recapping almost an entire scene after a commercial break... I'll tape them and watch for a while longer. It is good stuff and I think as has been stated, will get people off the fence about self defense so that is all good... a lessons learned after each scene was good as to what to do and made for some interesting conversations with the wife... Her bottom line statement...

"I need more ammo"... too funny!!!
    MASSIVE likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Did the whole show only cover one call?

It sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Re: Panic 9-1-1

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Did the whole show only cover one call?

It sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.
    No. 3 calls. Wasn't a bad show.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links