Panic 9-1-1 - Page 4

Panic 9-1-1

This is a discussion on Panic 9-1-1 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Watched the show earlier today and couldn't believe my ears when the dispatcher was telling the lady to put her firearm down and away from ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Panic 9-1-1

Watched the show earlier today and couldn't believe my ears when the dispatcher was telling the lady to put her firearm down and away from her....unbelievable. That mom would have been toast had the guy had a knife...as it was the son had to sit and watch his mom get attacked. Also, it's crazy the mom didn't pick the gun back up after she knew "Buddy" was in the bedroom!

Blue / Bold text is quoted...

I almost started throwing things at the TV! "Put the gun down"!?! Then "Push it away from you"!?!" If the cops had shown up a few moments later than they did, you could have had a dead woman and child. She is told to abandon the only real practical tool left for her to defend herself and her child. I consider the instructions of the 911 dispatcher to border on criminal negligence.

Note that in the later episode in Oklahoma, the dispatcher makes it clear to the elderly woman that she has every right to shoot the BG in defense of her home and self. What a difference a state makes.

I really wanted to smack that first 911 operator in the face....what an ass....we aren't told all the details....possibly the caller was indeed sexually assaulted....you heard the screaming....was her face broken and smashed in by the perp....

Smack in the face to the 911 ninny.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart6 View Post
    I never would have put the gun down. I can't believe she put the gun down.
    I know I can't believe she listened to that operator #1, and #2 I can't believe that the operator would dare tell her that. Priority #1 is protecting your children at ALL cost and once the closet door opened he would of caught 2 in the chest. What if he had a gun or knife and killed her or the kid instantly before the cops came? How could the operator have ever lived with herself? They said they told her to put the gun down so she wouldn't be "mistaken" for the intruder? are u kidding me? That's a lie, they told her to put it down so there would be no chance that any cops(her friends) got shot in the confusion. That operator was playing roulette with that girl and her sons life betting that the cops would get their first before anything serious happened. Yes that was the case but what if it wasn't? If she or the kid died that incident would have been a national media controversy and u can bet your bottom dollar the operator would have been the one who took the fall and got fired. Listen closely and u will notice over the radio the cops say did she put the gun down? If your that scared of getting shot maybe that's not the profession for you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links