OC vs exposing a CC?!

This is a discussion on OC vs exposing a CC?! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kelcarry This was a good set of discussions/replies. Doc had the best reply as a general answer to a general methodology. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: OC vs exposing a CC?!

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    This was a good set of discussions/replies. Doc had the best reply as a general answer to a general methodology. The presumption of imminent threat is still the precursor to presenting your firearm with the distinct reason to use same to defend yourself. I have never seen a case where imminent threat has anything to do with property, unless the property is within your house and we are now talking Castle Doctrine, wherein the forcible entry into the house for the purposes of stealing or vandalizing is a legal presumption of imminent threat--at least in most states. Whether a detached garage on your property constitutes Castle Doctrine when you are not in the garage at the time---ya got me on that.

In my opinion, this really doesn't have to do with his property. It has to do with him being threatened (verbally and by being outnumbered) to the point that he was afraid of harm/life. How is this any different than if he were walking downtown and three bad guys started to approach him, verbally and by numbers threaten him? Are we saying that he doesn't have the right to "show" his gun as a way to protect himself? I'm still learning, so I would like to know.....
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

2. Remove Ads

I think he did however the law can be read many ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links