What do I do?

This is a discussion on What do I do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey At least you're honest. Better than lying to yourself about how you'd cut him good if someone tried robbing you. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I do?

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    At least you're honest. Better than lying to yourself about how you'd cut him good if someone tried robbing you.

I myself carry a gun, a knife (or two), a small flashlight (MiniMagLED), but as of right now no OC spray. (Gonna get some.) It sounds to me like you are doing all that you can to remain safe. When you are old enough, get the hell outta IL and get yourself a CCW license if you really want to be able to defend yourself in the gravest extreme.
    I'm taking my class for my Utah permit this weekend. I've got a chance to get an internship in Indiana this summer so I might be able to carry when I'm not working. (I'll have to read more about the company to see if I could carry while working.)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I am in the same sitch you are, as carry is forbidden on campus, so I am almost completely disarmed two days a week. It sucks, but if I ever get robbed, I'm gonna get some of my trial lawyers buddies to sign the paperwork and I am going to sue the living crap out of the system that required me to be defensless.

As much as I would love to say that would work (I hate the entities that ban carry, like corporations and universities, etc., for doing it), I have a strong feeling that they would defend themselves by saying, "If you didn't like it, you didn't have to put yourself there."

I'd LOVE to see them held accountable for what happens to people they demanded be unarmed. They tell us we have to be unarmed, and then they fail to protect us?! Yes, there should be liability on their part, if we can show that we would otherwise have provided for our own protection were it not for their rules. Sadly, I don't think it would pan out for us in court, though.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    As much as I would love to say that would work (I hate the entities that ban carry, like corporations and universities, etc., for doing it), I have a strong feeling that they would defend themselves by saying, "If you didn't like it, you didn't have to put yourself there."

I'd LOVE to see them held accountable for what happens to people they demanded be unarmed. They tell us we have to be unarmed, and then they fail to protect us?! Yes, there should be liability on their part, if we can show that we would otherwise have provided for our own protection were it not for their rules. Sadly, I don't think it would pan out for us in court, though.
    What about an entire state? Sometimes it's not as easy just to leave the whole state just because they don't want you to defend yourself.

I should put it in my will that if I'm ever killed during a robbery that I want my estate to fund a lawsuit against the state. Of course that woulnd't be much of a law suit right now. Guess it'll have to wait till I'm filthy rich.

I totally agree with the decoy wallet. I actually carry a slim one for my important stuff (ID, bank cards, etc) and a money clip for the cash. that cash is my decoy. I was taught to throw it at opposite direction so that the perp would run after it, thus giving you a chance to run the other way. But then some folks say to just hand it to him. I guess it'll depend on the person. Even though I am armed, if someone is within less of 3ft., by the time I unholster my weapon, he/she would have seen it, panic, and shoot. So I am not tempting to be a hero at less than 3ft. been then again, it depends on the person and situation. If he does look at the direction of the wallet, I have a chance at getting my weapon. If doesn't...then lets hope he doesn't mind 5 $1 bills and maybe a 20. Its okay to loose a couple of books just as long you get to go to class the next day.
    Last edited by mexican_ninja; October 20th, 2006 at 10:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links