How to Spot an Armed Man in a Crowd - Page 2

How to Spot an Armed Man in a Crowd

This is a discussion on How to Spot an Armed Man in a Crowd within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Title should be "How to spot an untrained, armed man in a crowd." :)...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: How to Spot an Armed Man in a Crowd

Title should be

"How to spot an untrained, armed man in a crowd."

:)

Heyyy, wait a minute. Now you're making fun of my new...hat holster?!? No hijack here, but do y'all prefer OHB or IHB (outside/inside head band) hat holsters? Or the new Remora that just sticks behind your ear with NO HAT at all? Please help, 'cause I just can't decide.
    aus71383, JDE101 and autogateman like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Heyyy, wait a minute. Now you're making fun of my new...hat holster?!? No hijack here, but do y'all prefer OHB or IHB (outside/inside head band) hat holsters? Or the new Remora that just sticks behind your ear with NO HAT at all? Please help, 'cause I just can't decide.
    Ok....So I think this is my first post after months of reading....but that was the best post I've read on any forum in a long time. that really did make me LOL. OHB/JHB and remora behind the ear....that's just funny right there.

Be aware of your surroundings. Be sure you're armed.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Re: How to Spot an Armed Man in a Crowd

You knew you were in trouble in L. A. if the guy was wearing a Hoodie.... on backwards, and eye holes cut into the hood. Gang banger attire.

George
    vice87 likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    Instead of trying to help people identify the law abiding citizen who is legally carrying a concealed handgun perhaps this company should tell people to stop looking at their phones so that they can see that the lunatic who is pointing the gun at the crowd of people is the lunatic who is about to pull the trigger and shoot the people in the crowd.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Realistically though...

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't frequent malls very often. When I do I have my hands full just trying to find the store I want to visit and try not to get lost and what way to get out just to find my vehicle. I get lost!

Much less the overwhelming task of the mass of bumper to bumper humanity trying to maintain a condition "yellow" approach. IMHO, you're not going to notice anything out of the ordinary until you hear that unmistakable sound of, "bang, bang, bang".

The only exception is sexy women in skimpy cloths the wife doesn't see you looking at.

With that said, tell me, condition "yellow" is actually condition "boner" as you look at all the candy in the store? Or am I off base and need to be looking at all the sales flyer's in the store fronts?
    NONAME762 and 67malibu like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Definitely Remora OHB for OC where legal.

Somehow I think that would get you more than the usual attention from LE.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

So now I have to have my towel and a hat to travel the Galaxy...?
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

I remember reading something shortly after 9/11. The Israelis told us (regarding airport security) something to the effect of "You conduct your security by looking for weapons. We conduct our security by looking for terrorists." It's not the fact that a person has a weapon, it's what they intend to do with it. That's the hard part to figure out. Probably a fair number of law-abiding concealed-carriers fit the descriptions above. Hopefully we can somehow figure out "yeah, he/she's carrying, doesn't seem to be a threat" and move on to someone more pressing.

Can't say I know the answer though.
    blitzburgh, l1a1, JDE101 and 1 others like this.

Great thread it proves without a doubt that you can believe some of the stuff you read on the internet some of the time.
    I better Bookmark this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Anybody who's been around the block a few times can pick up on certain body language.

IMO, all this e-mail does is make those who haven't been around the block a few times become paranoid and convinced everybody they see is about to shoot the place up.
    JDE101 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

"Active shooters and mass killings are an everyday part of life"

No, they're not. They are very much the exception to the rule.

Besides we all know that the Gun Free Zone signs they had at that mall are huge deterrents. Obviously the shooter was illiterate. This is a failure of the education system not a gun control issue. If he'd been able to read those signs he never would've taken that gun into the mall.
    Danoh and ActionA like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    The writer never spent any time walking around in the ghetto. Thos who don't walk or dress funny are suspicious.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

everyone in Florida carries a gun, so the article is meaningless....unless you are alarmed by legally licensed citizens.

I do however pay very close attention to young guys wearing long black trench coats in August, guys with dyed blood red hair, and anyone wearing a
    hockey mask any day that is not Halloween and away from the ice rink.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links