Hotel Parking Lot - Page 2

Hotel Parking Lot

This is a discussion on Hotel Parking Lot within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been in that situation many times, in which a neighboring driver was sitting in the car next to mine. SA goes up a notch, as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hotel Parking Lot

Been in that situation many times, in which a neighboring driver was sitting in the car next to mine. SA goes up a notch, as others have suggested. In a couple instances, I can recall getting a bit of a henky feeling about the person's level of attention at my goings-on. But then, my attention level as ramped up a bit, as well. Doesn't mean it's dangerous. Just means we're aware of one another, and monitoring things. Little different than walking down the street where others are also walking along, nearby.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would cautiously approach the lurker and hypnotize him so I can get into the car, I would just leave him hypnotized after I left because that's how I roll.

It is nice to know that she was at least skeptical of your weirdoness. She had a little SA like event happening. Getting the manager I can kinda see. Ignoring the managers "ok", well I suppose she doesn't know the manager near as well as you do. Not trusting the manager to block your door while she gets in, maybe she was too far past uncomfortable at this point to trust a couple of strangers. Yes she went a little too far, after all her friend was there and the hotel manager so she wasn't putting herself that close to a stranger all alone in a parking lot. Let me guess you weren't wearing your Good Guy uniform?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Tap on his window, and when he rolls it down offer him a Kenny G CD..
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Let me guess you weren't wearing your Good Guy uniform?
    Nah, just a navy pin stripe suit, white shirt and a Rush Limbaugh tie - must have been the tie :)
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Tap on his window, and when he rolls it down offer him a Kenny G CD..
    Wish they had, I like Kenny G.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Why didn't she get in on the far side and just slide across? DR

Well, here is a story that was told me by good friend. One night on patrol he see a car backed into a spot all the way behind the shopping center, so he pulls up and sees the driver squirming around in the seat. He assumes that he is shooting up drugs. He gets out of his car and walks up to the drivers side window. He looks down and the driver has his pants around his ankles and underwear half way down and a half frozen chicken sitting on the passenger seat. The driver is repeating the sentence. I have big problems, I have big problems. Yes, you do. Lets se your license. So friend runs his name and is praying that this guy has no warrants. Yep, he pops on a warrant. Friend is upset but has to arrest him. He leaves chicken on the passenger seat and brings him into the percient. He walks in with subject in cuffs and desk sergeant looks at him and says "What do you got" Not sure what the new charge will be but he popped on old warrant. He explains the story to Desk sergeant that he was having sex with a half frozen chicken. They deiced to just charge him with warrant because nobody wanted to go collect the evidence sitting on the passenger seat. He had enough problems.

So back to your orginal question. You never know why somebody is parked the way they are.
    aus71383 likes this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Why didn't she get in on the far side and just slide across? DR
    In a Jeep GC, it is not a slide. You have to crawl over the console, etc.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Well, here is a story that was told me by good friend. One night on patrol he see a car backed into a spot all the way behind the shopping center, so he pulls up and sees the driver squirming around in the seat. He assumes that he is shooting up drugs. He gets out of his car and walks up to the drivers side window. He looks down and the driver has his pants around his ankles and underwear half way down and a half frozen chicken sitting on the passenger seat. The driver is repeating the sentence. I have big problems, I have big problems. Yes, you do. Lets se your license. So friend runs his name and is praying that this guy has no warrants. Yep, he pops on a warrant. Friend is upset but has to arrest him. He leaves chicken on the passenger seat and brings him into the percient. He walks in with subject in cuffs and desk sergeant looks at him and says "What do you got" Not sure what the new charge will be but he popped on old warrant. He explains the story to Desk sergeant that he was having sex with a half frozen chicken. They deiced to just charge him with warrant because nobody wanted to go collect the evidence sitting on the passenger seat. He had enough problems.

So back to your orginal question. You never know why somebody is parked the way they are.
    Funny story - but I promise you, no chickens (or any other beasts) for me!!! :)

I must be missing something. I see no threat. I back into spaces all the time. I pay attention to what is going on around me but would pay extra attention while getting into my car. When my son goes places with me, because I don't want to go by myself, he sits in the car and listens to the radio or mp3 player.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links