Hotel Parking Lot

Hotel Parking Lot

This is a discussion on Hotel Parking Lot within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are staying at a hotel. You come out to go to dinner with a coworker/spouse/friend. You notice that the vehicle next to you is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Hotel Parking Lot

VIP Member

Hotel Parking Lot

You are staying at a hotel. You come out to go to dinner with a coworker/spouse/friend. You notice that the vehicle next to you is backed in so it is driver door to driver door to your vehicle - with normal parking lot space between vehicles. You also notice the driver of the other vehicle, dressed in a suit and tie, is sitting in his vehicle listening to the radio. All have made eye contact and the guy goes back to listening to his radio. What do you do?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Uh ..., get in my car. If there is no other action than backing into a space, which I regularly do, I don't see a threat here.
    BkCo1 and 68blackbird like this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Yeah, I get in my car, but my SA goes up a notch.
    ccw9mm and lchamp like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Go wherever it was I was going, don't see a threat at this time

VIP Member
    Draw my gun, aim at his head and tell him not to move, while I have whoever is with me call 911.

Seriously, what are you suppose to do, other than get in your car and go about your business?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I often back in. It's easiser than backing out. Read my signature line.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Give his co ordinates to air cav, slip into my car and drive off...

Note that my wife must have hired a PI to take pictures on my "business trips."

Note that my co-worker's husband must have hired a PI to take pictures on her "business trips."

Note that The FEEBs are watchin' me again... (the fedora gave him away... them FEEBs is always wearin' fedoras).

Knock on his windows and say "These are not the droids you're looking for... Move along"

Tell Mr. Smith the Matrix trilogy is over, and 3 was worse than 2, and 2 was bad... the only good one was the first.

OP, I dunno, what should I do?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I back in all the time because the air dam in the front wont clear most parking curbs.
    68blackbird likes this.

get in my car
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

is this a trick question?
    KBSR likes this.

I would say, "Hey" or "Good evening" or something...

Austin

Now I know why so many parking lots around here have signs warning about backing into parking spaces! Thanks!

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    If you like the song he is listening to ask him what station and if it's a CD inquire about the title. You might want to buy it for yourself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Draw my gun, aim at his head and tell him not to move, while I have whoever is with me call 911.

Seriously, what are you suppose to do, other than get in your car and go about your business?
    You get the prize for being closest to what actually happened. Last night I was the guy in a suit listening to the radio trying to hear the end of a story before going into the hotel. Two gals (I would estimate in their late 30s or early 40s) come out of the hotel and one gets into the passenger side of the Jeep Grand Cherokee sitting next to mine. The driver hurries around to the passenger side and makes all sorts of silly gestures toward me. She finally goes in and gets the manager of the hotel to investigate the situation.

I stay at this hotel about 3 months each year and have for the last 5-6 years. I know the manager pretty well and when he figured out what was going on, he got a chuckle out of it. He assured the woman she had nothing to worry about and offered to stand by my door so I could not open it while she got into her truck. She would not do it and made her friend drive a different vehicle parked across the lot.

The manager and I talked about the situation when the gals had left and both of us thought it was a pretty severe over-reaction. I suspect, based on the faces she made, so did the gal's friend.

As for me, I would just get in my truck and leave. It is good to see that our members have a more healthy outlook than last night's entertainment.
    aus71383 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

StarPD45
    So that's why I get strange looks when I sit in the car in parking lots. Paranoid people.
    When Shopping, I try to let the wife go in alone, then I just sit and listen to the radio. (I don't like shopping)
    So far, at least, no one has gone to get a manager or local LEO to check up on me.
    And I always try to back in to a parking spot, or at least find one where I can just pull through. That's partly SA, and partly because in past vehicles it was virtually impossible to see anything when backing up.
    And yes, I would just go on about my business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links