Code Red at the bank today - Page 2

Code Red at the bank today

This is a discussion on Code Red at the bank today within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And watch out for younger folks loitering in large parking lots with laminated cards, papers or brochures. They get dropped off in nicer neighborhoods to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Code Red at the bank today

And watch out for younger folks loitering in large parking lots with laminated cards, papers or brochures. They get dropped off in nicer neighborhoods to sell crap. We've had some vehicle break ins at walmart by these folks. Same tone, "no thank you!" And walk with purpose. "Do not follow me!" Bladed stance. Etc
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Thanks to Direct Deposit and by doing a little planning ahead using only the drive-up teller window I have been successful in not having to use a teller machine or step inside of a bank since sometime in the 90s.
    aus71383 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    CODE RED!!! CODE RED!!! Wake Up Timmy! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ For Gods Sake...Man...WAKE UP!

<~~~~ Whoa! Finally....That was a close one Timmy!
    LOL You guys crack me up!! Keep it up & be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemobile View Post
    These dirtbags have no reason to be leaning on your car other than criminal intentions. They also have no legal justification to do so. Many bad guys only react to being treated like true bad guys. Aggressive tone, expression and commands. Keep control of the situation.
    BINGO!
    Do not underestimate this threat. This is not standard, socially acceptable behavior. At a minimum, this was clearly meant to intimidate and more likely they may have been sizing him up for a robbery or mugging.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Thanks to Direct Deposit and by doing a little planning ahead using only the drive-up teller window I have been successful in not having to use a teller machine or step inside of a bank since sometime in the 90s.
    He was using the drive-up.
    They asked if they could walk there and I told them no, its a drive thru, you gotta be in a car.
    I'm curious as to why he got out, unless his truck is to high to reach the ATM.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I haven't used an ATM since the 90s.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I avoid drive-through ATMs like the plague/ it's too easy to get blocked in. At least at the walk-up I can maneuver.

Not long ago a couple was robbed at gunpoint at an ATM across the street from some apartments we own. I never use them, or drive up windows.

Code Red no, but sure as heck not code white.

If I saw someone standing outside a vehicle at an atm I would stay way back from them. I normally don't pull right up behind another vehicle at an atm anyways. Common courtesy, do unto others/golden rule. I don't want someone starring ovef my shoulder as I enter my pin, and I don't do it to others.

That being said I would have the person on foot in my radar, if they do not get into the vehicle at the atm and leave with them then I am not pulling up to the atm.

I think tat since several other peopel complained to the tellers at the bank about these two guys I would ask to talk to the manager, explain that not only is it a safety issue if these guys step into oncoming traffic at the atm lane, it most definitley IS a security issue. If the manager refuses to agree to talk to the tellers and have them call 911 next time it happens then I would make sure to tell the manager I will be transfering my accounts to another bank.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Did the OP over react, no, not in my opinion. Based on the actions of the two individuals he did what he thought was necessary. Did it prevent a crime? Could have when he made the two individuals aware that he was aware of their suspicious action(s)
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I was having trouble deciding what code I was in, so I looked at the threat indicators and decided that since I verbally engaged, it was code red. Code white is not seeing danger at all, code yellow is general state of awareness, code orange is threat detected and code red is threat engaged. I verbally engaged. Therefore, code red. Figured I would explain. Timmy, watch those naps bud, they can be dangerous.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

The Cooper Color Code:
    White: Unaware and unprepared. If attacked in Condition White, the only thing that may save you is the inadequacy or ineptitude of your attacker. When confronted by something nasty, your reaction will probably be "Oh my God! This can't be happening to me."

Yellow: Relaxed alert. No specific threat situation. Your mindset is that "today could be the day I may have to defend myself". You are simply aware that the world is a potentially unfriendly place and that you are prepared to defend yourself, if necessary. You use your eyes and ears, and realize that "I may have to shoot today". You don't have to be armed in this state, but if you are armed you should be in Condition Yellow. You should always be in Yellow whenever you are in unfamiliar surroundings or among people you don't know. You can remain in Yellow for long periods, as long as you are able to "Watch your six." (In aviation 12 o'clock refers to the direction in front of the aircraft's nose. Six o'clock is the blind spot behind the pilot.) In Yellow, you are "taking in" surrounding information in a relaxed but alert manner, like a continuous 360 degree radar sweep. As Cooper put it, "I might have to shoot."

Orange: Specific alert. Something is not quite right and has your attention. Your radar has picked up a specific alert. You shift your primary focus to determine if there is a threat (but you do not drop your six). Your mindset shifts to "I may have to shoot that person today", focusing on the specific target which has caused the escalation in alert status. In Condition Orange, you set a mental trigger: "If that person does "X", I will need to stop them". Your pistol usually remains holstered in this state. Staying in Orange can be a bit of a mental strain, but you can stay in it for as long as you need to. If the threat proves to be nothing, you shift back to Condition Yellow.

Red: Condition Red is fight. Your mental trigger (established back in Condition Orange) has been tripped. "If 'X' happens I will shoot that person".
    tacman605 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

suntzu, what is wrong with adding chartreuse, brown, purple and navy blue to the chart that he already has?

Just messin' Chris. It's all good. Glad everything turned out ok. I always elevate a notch when going to the bank.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Being color blind, I resort to the "crap" scale. No crap means nothing to worry about. "Oh crap!" means start worrying. "Aw crap!" means too late.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I am not trying to be acidic or argumentative, but for heavens sake--is it really a big deal to park your car, go into the bank and get your money when the bank is open for business. And please--do not give me some bogus reason. Do any of you know what a credit card is? An ATM to a BG is like honey to a bear. This type of thread has been repeated many times and it seems that everyday in the paper there is someone who has been robbed at an ATM---does anyone understand the FULL AND COMPETENT use of situational awareness?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links