Code Red at the bank today - Page 3

Code Red at the bank today

This is a discussion on Code Red at the bank today within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd say this was a full blown code butterscotch. It's not until code hot fudge (along with some staining of your drawers) that you really ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Code Red at the bank today

VIP Member
    I'd say this was a full blown code butterscotch. It's not until code hot fudge (along with some staining of your drawers) that you really need to worry.

OK my real and serious response to this thread: If you see some fishy stuff happening when you pull up to the atm then drive away. Just go two blocks to the next one and get your money there. This aint rocket surgery.
    BugDude and Bark'n like this.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I am not trying to be acidic or argumentative, but for heavens sake--is it really a big deal to park your car, go into the bank and get your money when the bank is open for business. And please--do not give me some bogus reason. Do any of you know what a credit card is? An ATM to a BG is like honey to a bear. This type of thread has been repeated many times and it seems that everyday in the paper there is someone who has been robbed at an ATM---does anyone understand the FULL AND COMPETENT use of situational awareness?
    It is when I bank at TCU and the closest bank that I get free transactions at is an IMCU which does not do inside transactions.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    I guess it all worked out alright. I ride my bikes when home so I don't have an issue pulling up to an ATM, unless there is someone behind me I get off the bike and walk up to the machine.

At different times there have been people around but no one has ever attempted to lean on my Harley though.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    It is when I bank at TCU and the closest bank that I get free transactions at is an IMCU which does not do inside transactions.
    Not quite sure what you are telling me. I guess you are saying that there is no convenient no fee bank that will give you cash if you go inside the bank. Looking for a bank that will meet your no fee needs that is very convenient vs the opportunity to be an unfortunate statistic at an ATM is not smart situational awareness. With interests rates being what they are, I cannot believe that you cannot find a bank that may not be that close---one that you have an account with with all that free fee stuff they give out---and cash out say $500 and keep it safe in your house for your monthly cash reserves--the lost interest is a pittance but there is no need for Code Red, Orange or whatever color of the rainbow you may use. And yes, you can still be robbed leaving the bank building but I am sure the statistics on that robbery vs an ATM robbery are very one-sided in favor of the dangers at an ATM.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I should probably add this all happened in broad daylight, put in the same situation at night, I would have kept on going
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemobile View Post
    These dirtbags have no reason to be leaning on your car other than criminal intentions.

Especially in a dangerous area at night or something... It definitely wouldn't make feel warm and fuzzy all over.

It could be the first step to a situation that might get out of hand very quickly. It could also be step one for some dirtbag receiving a dirtnap.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I wouldn't have even slowed down had I seen them loitering there. There are just too many desperate despicable people.

I bet there was another ATM within one block of that bank.

Jim
    atctimmy likes this.

Just to be sure...I'd have called this guy. He's THE authority on Code Red.

Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Being color blind, I resort to the "crap" scale. No crap means nothing to worry about. "Oh crap!" means start worrying. "Aw crap!" means too late.
    Being colorblind as well, I just learned something extremely useful.

Hats off to you, OldVet.

Thank you sir.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links