Code Red at the bank today

This is a discussion on Code Red at the bank today within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I went to the IMCU at Thompson and Madison to get some money via the drive thru ATM. When I pulled up to use ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Code Red at the bank today

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Code Red at the bank today

Today I went to the IMCU at Thompson and Madison to get some money via the drive thru ATM. When I pulled up to use the ATM I noticed them just mulling about. A white van was in front of the ATM and the driver was getting his money so I figured they must have been with him and got out to stretch or fix a door or something since they were by his back doors. He pulled off and I pulled up and noticed them still standing there loitering. I got out, put my card in the ATM and started my transaction when I noticed them now leaning on my truck watching me. I turned around keeping my weapon concealed and asked them if they were aware they were in a drive thru window not a walk up window. They asked if they could walk there and I told them no, its a drive thru, you gotta be in a car. Well, I hurried up and finished and pulled around the branch to go speak with the management inside and let them know about the situation and managed to see them getting into a car. So i snagged the plate number and wrote it down. Talked to the tellers in the bank and they said that kind of thing happens all the time when people are trying to walk up to the ATM. I passed along the vehicle description and plate number to them just in case and left the branch. As I drove off, I got a gut feeling and went ahead and contacted IMPD to let them know about what happened, give them the two mens descriptions, their vehicle description, and the vehicle plate number. Weird situation, but I think I did the right thing. At no time did they appear to be a threat, they just made me feel a little nervous. A few of the other drive thru patrons also had come in to complain and the bank had done nothing about it. Kind of shocking the level of apathy in the branch.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Trying to get your numbers/codes. The only real mistake I see is conducting your transactions with them there--and obviously perking your radar.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Trying to get your numbers/codes. The only real mistake I see is conducting your transactions with them there--and obviously perking your radar.
    Yeah, that was dumb, I had a brain fart...however they were starting to wander away as I got out so I thought they were leaving.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    I hate ATMs. They must be a mugger's brain child.

If I see folks loitering suspiciously about an ATM, there is no way I am going near it. Too much potential trouble.
    ccw9mm, Bark'n and accessbob like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Only way I use an ATM is without any close blind spots and I get out of the car and keep my head on a swivel
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I have taken naps that were more dangerous than this "code red" scenario.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Better watch your back atc, you never know when those woodchucks might decide to fight back and ambush you!
    KBSR likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Am I missing someting? Except them leaning on his vehicle I don't see any reason to get too excited.
    Anyhoo, I don't go to ATM's. If I need cash I get cashback when I check out at Wally world or just go in my backyard and dig up some gold I am hiding from the IRS
    KBSR and Paymeister like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Administrator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    CODE RED!!! CODE RED!!! Wake Up Timmy! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ For Gods Sake...Man...WAKE UP!

<~~~~ Whoa! Finally....That was a close one Timmy!
    CowboyColby, KBSR and atctimmy like this.

OD*
    Condition Orange maybe, but Red?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    CODE RED!!! CODE RED!!! Wake Up Timmy! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ For Gods Sake...Man...WAKE UP!

<~~~~ Whoa! Finally....That was a close one Timmy!
    You may laugh but you've never been sleeping next to my wife after she's had black beans.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Are you sure about that????
    Brad426 and wishyouwell like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

I purposely make sure my doors are locked and to pull in so close next to the ATM that a molecule of air could not fit between my drivers door and the ATM.
    BugDude likes this.

First rule of fight club: Don't lean on my truck or you're going to see what fight club is.
    blitzburgh and paullie like this.

Ask, tell, make??

"Please get off my car."

"Get off my car and leave me alone."

Transmission in gear, foot on brake, move vehicle 3 inches forward. "Get the **** off my car!"

These dirtbags have no reason to be leaning on your car other than criminal intentions. They also have no legal justification to do so. Many bad guys only react to being treated like true bad guys. Aggressive tone, expression and commands. Keep control of the situation.

I would say depending on the body language of the dirtbags this could be a code red.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links