Home Invasion: Stalk or Wait?

This is a discussion on Home Invasion: Stalk or Wait? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My answer is easy..."BAM,BAM,BAM" {12GA,#2 Buck}. "Honey,call 911 and ask them to bring a cleanup crew"....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Home Invasion: Stalk or Wait?

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    My answer is easy..."BAM,BAM,BAM" {12GA,#2 Buck}. "Honey,call 911 and ask them to bring a cleanup crew".

2. Remove Ads

Home Invasion: Stalk or Wait?

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    My answer is easy..."BAM,BAM,BAM" {12GA,#2 Buck}. "Honey,call 911 and ask them to bring a cleanup crew".
    but the original question was essentially wether you'd go downstairs and do your "BAM,BAM,BAM" while they were disconnecting your television or if you'd barricade yourself (and your loved ones if applicable) in a safe place and go "BAM,BAM,BAM" when/if they found you.

YOU TELL EM IM COMIN AND !@$#%!!!s COMIN WITH ME !!!!

Just Kidden

I would get my wife to call 911 and wait in the master bath with the shotgun.
    Then I would have no choice but to go after the BG, because my childrens rooms are on the opposite side of the house.

There are a few things you should consider if a home invasion is happening. 1: shouting I have a gun is the worst thing you could do. You have to assume that the person breaking in had encountered a gun before and has already been shot at before as well. 2: telling them you call 911 doesn't matter..if they were afraid of the law they would not be breaking in. 3: you should prepare to defend your life like never before.

I would have my wife to call 911 and grab the 12 gage and wait for the prep to enter the room and do what I have to do to defend life..

me my g.f and our daughter all share a bed and i like it like that for security purposes. if i hear some one im gona go shut and lock the bedroom door have my g.f grab our daughter and get in a corner behind a dresser and have her call cops quietly. i will probly drop the 13 round mag outa my Glock and throw it the 22 rounder grab my rem 870 rack the slide and give it to my girlfriend. ill then unlock the door and wait for the burglar/burglars to open the door or would open and start sweepin the house room by room. my g.f can handle her own and is a great shot with my shotgun especially in small rooms. thats what i have planned but when bullets start flying plans quickly go out the door

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Would like see your responses in regards to a Home Invasion Scenario.

You live alone or just you and your wife.
    You live in a area with many other homes close by.

It's 2am when you are awakened by the sound of someone attempting to gain access to your home.
    As you awaken to a higher alert state, you now hear this person in your home.

What is your response?

Do you let them move thru your home and steal what they want and hope they will leave?
    Do you come out and confront them with your weapon?
    Do you wait, crouched in the corner of your bedroom with your weapon trained on the door?
    Do you shout "I have a gun! Get outta' here!" ?

My logic dictates NOT to come out and confront them.
    I would dial 911 and wait for them to enter my bedroom.
    Since the invader probably does not know the layout of my home ,I would be somewhat under cover and have the element of surprise. (i.e) The first accurate shot as my weapon is trained on the point of entry.

Announcing I have a gun is risky IMO.

I suppose the down side of this would be the inability to ID the invader.
    I am 100% in agreement with Right's comments. "Stuff" is insured and replaceable (at least in my home). I am insured BUT NOT REPLACEABLE. If the BG's are better at this "gun stuff" than me I am not about to find out by doing battle with them. It is just my wife and I (if others (children)in other part of house--different priority and story) and we are behind a locked and "stoppered" bedroom door and I am positioned defensively with enough "assistance" to make sure that if someone wants to defeat that door, they will not go out the way they tried to come in. If I hear that bump in the night, I will go to my defensive position with my "assistance", call 911, and activate my garage door opener and car alarms for noise and an outstanding way for LEOs to know which house they should come to (always a chance they will get there while it is being robbed; if not still a good idea). I do not rely on any flashlights in the room or on my firearms--I know my house, even in the dark--they do not--I do not intend to show them where I am with a bright light. Regrets after the fact? I have to fix the door jam and replace the carpet in the bedroom.

When I first decided to obtain a weapon and my concealed carry permit I made the decision that if I awoke to what you just gave as an example, that I would not want to kill anyone unless they actually were threatening to a point I would lose my life or have bodily harm. I live by myself and decided that if I heard someone in my house that I would slide down on the back side of my bed with my gun, which is loaded and chambered right beside me, and wait. If they crossed into the doorway, they are dead. I work with kids all the time and love them. This decision is the one that I could live with if I killed a young teenager who obviously was making a terrible choice in their life. Things can be replaced but I would not hesitate to shoot once they enter the doorway of my bedroom.

My dog woud be my first responder. I would call 911, seek cover, and wait for the dog to return. If he stops barking or growling, and does not return, then I know my last line of defense has been breached, and prepare to meet whoever comes through the doorway.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have it on good authority that I should walk out onto the patio and let loose two shotgun blasts, after which the intruder will run for his/her life...
    Should the intruder not run, I would lob a couple of shotgun blasts through the front door... if only my DBSG wasn't now empty.

... buy a shotgun... buy a shotgun!
    SCXDm9 and 40cw like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Well, with my son's room down the hallway, I would have to post up at the top of the stairs, shotgun in hand, while my wife grabs my son and dials 911. Once they were both back in the master bedroom, I would stay at the top of the stairs, shotgun trained down the stairwell. The way my house is laid out, the stairs and upstairs are hidden from downstairs view. I can't see them and they can't see me. If I were alone in the house, which is never, I would still stay at the top of the stairs. I have no way of knowing how many intruders are in the house. I may be outgunned....although that would be a difficult achievement for intruders. I have a lot of guns.
    SpencerB likes this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

They are in my house... its open season and I'm going hunting.

Don't know if this has been posted already...it's a tribute to Uncle Joe's "buy a shotgun"!

Humorous: Women Take Joe Biden's 'Buy a Shotgun!' Advice | Independent Journal Review

Make sure my family is secure in my bedroom, have the wife call 911, hunker down at the door to my bedroom.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    but the original question was essentially wether you'd go downstairs and do your "BAM,BAM,BAM" while they were disconnecting your television or if you'd barricade yourself (and your loved ones if applicable) in a safe place and go "BAM,BAM,BAM" when/if they found you.
    I have no downstairs here. My bedroom is 25 feet from the front door with the Alarm set. Hallway shots will be my forte. I`m old and armed and will Not allow a home invasion.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links