What would you do in this scenario?

This is a discussion on What would you do in this scenario? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being out gunned, I would give him everything he asked for. More than likely someone would be interested in cash only....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What would you do in this scenario?

Being out gunned, I would give him everything he asked for. More than likely someone would be interested in cash only.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

2. Remove Ads

The sarcastic response to me was not necessary...
    You're absolutely right & you have my apology. So your "Dad's the boss", you "have a handgun", you've "been concerned about this", your Pennsylvania LTCF is "in process", your store has camera-system (you're a manager) but you don't know about their recording capability?

And yet you've haven't talked with Dad about this gun thing yet?

You're right, I shouldn't have said anything...at all.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    You're absolutely right & you have my apology. So your "Dad's the boss", you "have a handgun", you've "been concerned about this", your Pennsylvania LTCF is "in process", your store has camera-system (you're a manager) but you don't know about their recording capability?

My dad is the owner of the business, I've purchased my first handgun have shot many firearms before, and yes being prepared is something I'm very interested in. My PA LTCF is in process and the store camera system capabilities is not something I want to disclose on a public website. I DO know the capabilities but as stated, not something that I'm interested in disclosing.

This conversation between my father and I has not taken place because I have not obtained the LTCF. Lets please stay on topic of the original post.

Senior Moderator
    Give the new kid a break, you've made your point

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post

“You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Sorry pg, you're right. It's the old LGS "friendly-ribbing" getting the best of me! I'll apologize again, behave...and leave this conversation.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I liked the tear gas/electric grate idea.

But honestly - if it's your dad's store, and he's leasing the property or owns the property - there's a chance he can just "allow you" to carry on his property. No license required. Read up on your state laws to find out. In my state, a person under 21 and over 18 can carry concealed on their own property....or something like that. I remember skimming past it a few times.

Austin

Yes, in PA, you can conceal carry or open carry in your place of residence or at your workplace.

I would probably tell the BG that we only take credit cards and then offer to open the cash register to show him. Then, if he gets mad, I would try and offer him the money in my wallet. I used to work in a bank and they provide us with bate money to hand out. Every teller's drawer has about $150-$200 worth of bate money (money that we have the serial numbers on) to offer in a situation like this. I always said F that, if someone comes to my window and demands money, I'm giving them everything in my drawer (about $10K) because my life is not worth it. Screw the bank, they are insured and will get their money back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links