Response time, home burglary in process, man shot

This is a discussion on Response time, home burglary in process, man shot within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty Good way to get shot by an LEO that is answering an alarm,we used to park several houses down and walk ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Response time, home burglary in process, man shot

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Good way to get shot by an LEO that is answering an alarm,we used to park several houses down and walk in quiet and looking for any threats,had we run into a guy with a gun,weeeeellll
    So a guy dressed in khakis, a golf shirt and dress shoes inspecting the outside of his home after an alarm is a threat to a LEO in what way?

So the same guy with a gun inside of his own home after an alarm is a threat to a LEO in what way?

As a LEO you are responding to a notification of an alarm signal at a private residence in Texas. Does it even cross your mind that the home owner might be on the premises and might be armed?

Are you saying that I shouldn't have the gun or the police shouldn't be notify because I own guns or both because the LEOs might shoot me in my own home for having a gun?

Do the LEOs in your area enter privately owned houses with no visible signs of forced entry just because they got a call that there was an alarm?

Do the LEOs in your area ignore the people in the car parked in front of the driveway?

I guess I just might have a little more faith in the LEOs ability to do their jobs correctly than you seem to want to give them.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Re: Response time, home burglary in process, man shot

The police wont even respond to a residential alarm here, they will only come out if the homeowner finds signs of entry or if the alarm company has a response unit and they find signs of entry.

I know that this will vary tremendously by location and many other factors, but does any one know the "average" response time for say a call involving a potential home invasion? is there any national average statistic for this? Any LEOs here, can you estimate your average response time?
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Back to the original story...... Good shooting on the part of the home owner! Another scumbag DRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    The police wont even respond to a residential alarm here, they will only come out if the homeowner finds signs of entry or if the alarm company has a response unit and they find signs of entry.
    Last time our alarm went off it took >40 minutes for the cops to show up. I made it from 8 miles away sitting at my office desk, through 3 school zones, with over 20 minutes to spare. That was after my wife called 911 to report an obvious entry at a kicked in window.

We lost over $26,000 in personal property that day... Could have been worse if they had gotten one of the guns they missed...
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The police departments are inundated with these types of calls and most of the time are not a high priority. They will get there when time permits as they know most of these calls are false alarms. I have an alarm system but it is not wired to an alarm company hence no P.D. response unless I call or a neighbor sees something. If I have to call the P.D. they will have a reason to come out to pick a perp up.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links