Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car

This is a discussion on Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The old man needs to go to jail for aggrevated assault (Would not be "brandishing" here). I don't need jerks like him making my carrying ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The old man needs to go to jail for aggrevated assault (Would not be "brandishing" here). I don't need jerks like him making my carrying more difficult. He had absolutely no grounds for his actions.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

and just out of nowhere saw the man pull out a pistol against the car and told him to stop and the young car def stopped the car in no time. Me and couple of other
    shoppers saw it. Just curious what you guys would say about this?
    I'd say you witnessed a nut case with a gun who needs to be taken into custody before he wigs out and shoots out the lights.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    He's lucky he didn't point that a someone who was armed.
    Even luckier the driver didn't assess a deadly threat correctly and run him down .
    GentlemanJim likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^Wow.
    They call the police, cops pull the guy over at the exit he got off at in Chesterfield MI.
    Hah, I grew up around there. I believe the kids are calling it Chestertucky these days. Never saw anything like that happen, but driving in Michigan is cutthroat. Can't say it's surprising.

Sounds like he was afraid of death or serious injury. Driving at someone with a car is assault with a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Arrest the old guy on brandishing, take away his firearm, take away his concealed permit if he has one--probably take away his car if he has one--sounds like he is a bit senile--let him keep his dentures.

One angry old fart that makes everyone else look bad. In Florida you can drive until your 105 yrs old.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Can and do. Weekly reports on the news when they drive thru the side of stores.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Okay before I get crucified here I like to look at things from a different perspective. Here is more of a question and I by NO means know the laws in regards to this but doesn't a pedestrian have the right of way? And if say perhaps he was in the right of way, the speeder then if he did not stop would have been charged with vehicular manslaughter or a hit and run right? So the old man pulling out his "ol trusty" may have saved his own butt right? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong in any way. I'm not supportive of either party but just looking at it in a different way.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Okay before I get crucified here I like to look at things from a different perspective. Here is more of a question and I by NO means know the laws in regards to this but doesn't a pedestrian have the right of way? And if say perhaps he was in the right of way, the speeder then if he did not stop would have been charged with vehicular manslaughter or a hit and run right? So the old man pulling out his "ol trusty" may have saved his own butt right? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong in any way. I'm not supportive of either party but just looking at it in a different way.
    I doubt he could have saved himself by shooting the guy. If it were that close, he'd just get run over anyway. I can't see any justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzyk View Post
    Wait, guns aren't a good replacement for traffic signals?

Tell that to this guy:
    ^^^^^^ WOW!!!!
    This guy needs to be thrown in Jail. I think, if it were me, especially in the US, that guy would need a LOTTA "spainin" to do. Plus, I may have more insurance than he has (referring to the scene where Kathy Bates slams the VW in the parking lot)
    357 Sig is a great CTG against car doors and windows too.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
    So i was walking across to Publix from the parking lot and this old man was trying cross the road ahead of me into Publix and this young guy in a car was driving fast apparently didn't want to let the old guy go through, and just out of nowhere saw the man pull out a pistol against the car and told him to stop and the young car def stopped the car in no time. Me and couple of other
    shoppers saw it. Just curious what you guys would say about this?
    Was he in a crosswalk or crossing in the middle of the street,if he wasn't crossing in a crosswalk that is called "Jaywalking" then because the guy is crossing in an illegal spot he pulls a gun on a car driving down the street,I would have called 911 and reported him.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    In some places the pedestrian has the right of way no matter if he is in a crosswalk or not. Sill, sounds like brandishing to me.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtrucker View Post
    You didn't say where in Fl. BUT if its south Fl. i can understand. There are some real idiots driving down there.
    And evidently some real idiots carrying guns if they pull them in crosswalks.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    The old guy may not have been correct but at least he is still alive and not run over by some young punk kid....
    Boy are you giving a huge benefit of the doubt to the old guy. Imminent danger of death or great bodily injury because he is not being allowed to cross the road? Tell me there is a hint of sarcasm here. Tell me you understand what imminent danger of death or great bodily injury means as a precursor to PULLING OUT A FIREARM AND USING IT.

Like we already don't have enough problems with the shootings possibly losing our second amendment rights a couple more people like this pulling his weapon out threatening somebody with no legitimate reason. people like this will put the icing on our cake and we will lose our Second Amendment rights. this guy should not have a gun. old school or not this country has changed and people can no longer do what they have done in the past. My opinion is you should have called the authorities before this guy hurts somebody and helps us lose our Second Amendment rights. If we do not start to protect ourselves by policing ourselves and doing the right thing. if we see somebody doing something illegal with a gun that will affect us .if we do not do this we will lose our right to protect ourselves

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links