Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car

This is a discussion on Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i was walking across to Publix from the parking lot and this old man was trying cross the road ahead of me into Publix ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Saw man crossing pull a gun against a car

So i was walking across to Publix from the parking lot and this old man was trying cross the road ahead of me into Publix and this young guy in a car was driving fast apparently didn't want to let the old guy go through, and just out of nowhere saw the man pull out a pistol against the car and told him to stop and the young car def stopped the car in no time. Me and couple of other
    shoppers saw it. Just curious what you guys would say about this?
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

VIP Member
    I'm glad the kid in the car stopped.
    Bark'n, CLASS3NH and wishyouwell like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I would say that wasn't smart or legal on that guy's part.
    Supraman762, Hopyard and atctimmy like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Arrest the old guy on brandishing, take away his firearm, take away his concealed permit if he has one--probably take away his car if he has one--sounds like he is a bit senile--let him keep his dentures.

So how many rounds did he fire? Did he get good windshield penetration? Should he have used a different caliber? What? He didn't shoot? I thought we were to never pull our guns unless we intended to use them. The old guy probably was filled with the holiday spirit and was trying to be nice, so he didn't shoot. That's the true Christmas spirit, something our younger generation is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Arrest the old guy on brandishing, take away his firearm, take away his concealed permit if he has one--probably take away his car if he has one--sounds like he is a bit senile--let him keep his dentures.
    ^^^ This answer works for me. ^^^

If I drew down on every idiot that didn't stop for me in a crosswalk or on a parking lot, I would wear out every one of my holsters.

The man mentioned above definitely does not need to be carrying.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Sounds like brandishing prevent an assault with a vehicle, eh?
    Ksgunner likes this.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

You didn't say where in Fl. BUT if its south Fl. i can understand. There are some real idiots driving down there.
    Bish likes this.

And it's irresponsible Ding Dongs like this man that give us Law Abiding Citizens/Gun Owners a bad Rap! I don't know the situation but if your information is correct I would of turned this individual in, Period. We as Responsible Gun Owners should not tolerate this type of behavior at all because this is what the Anti-Gunners love to get a hold of to further their AGENDA!
    BugDude and Supraman762 like this.

The old guy may not have been correct but at least he is still alive and not run over by some young punk kid....

Wait, guns aren't a good replacement for traffic signals?

Tell that to this guy:

VIP Member
    ^Wow.

In Europe no less.
    He obviously was either a criminal or a very high up the chain military/political figure.
    In either case, cops called.

Happened to my sister & family this summer.
    BIL driving, my sister and 3 kids.
    Dummy cuts my BIL off very close and almost causes an accident, BIL beeps horn prior to a possible impact, then changes lanes a few seconds later, then the guy flashes/points a pistol at them.
    They call the police, cops pull the guy over at the exit he got off at in Chesterfield MI. and they are watching him get busted.
    The police come over to my sisters truck, and asks if they saw the gun, they say yes, 13 YO nephew says he saw it real good,, black with SS slide I believe, "probably a 9mm" the nephew says.
    The police search guys truck and find it.
    Cops were amazed nephew was able to describe it down to the caliber.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sounds like he was Old Schoolin' there............

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    The old guy may not have been correct but at least he is still alive and not run over by some young punk kid....
    In Bold:What planet or state do you live in/on? "may not have been correct? The man is an idiot and should be locked up or put in a padded cell. The way some folks might read your comment is that though you support the old gentleman in a way.

We need to all stop protecting idiots that do the wrong thing with guns. Some folks int his forum go to great extents to not speak out when a firearm is brandished or used improperly. We seem to defend folks that are stupis enough to go to NYC or board a plane with a firearm and chalkk it up to "we all make mistakes". Some of these are idiotic mistakes. If one can make a simple stupid mistake and we stick up for them time and time again you all wonder why anti's think we are irresponsible.

The fact a very small minority of gun owners are stupid and irresponsible....but we try to give them the benefit of the doubt when they screw up. Most likely because we emphathize with them or disagree with a stupid law.

Just like the idiot lady that pulled a gun on the kids bullying her daughter/son last week. Gun orgs need to step up and condem these folks in front of the media (of course after establishing the facts) to show that we are serious about folks being prosecuted.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curzyk View Post
    Wait, guns aren't a good replacement for traffic signals?

Tell that to this guy:
    He's lucky he didn't point that a someone who was armed.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links