Brittle egos - Page 3

Brittle egos

This is a discussion on Brittle egos within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad it worked out for you guys Betty. Since I started carrying years ago, I've found I've grown about 15 different cheeks to turn, and ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Brittle egos

Glad it worked out for you guys Betty. Since I started carrying years ago, I've found I've grown about 15 different cheeks to turn, and have used them all at some point in my carrying life...

You have to take the highest of high roads. Some of my lifelong friends have noticed the difference and have commented on it, and I just say I've mellowed with age.
    Truckinbutch likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

There is way too much chest thumping in this thread by some members which leads me to think that some may not be suited to the responsibilities and possible consequences of carrying a gun.

If this post irks you, this is directly aimed at you tough guy.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    There is way too much chest thumping in this thread by some members which leads me to think that some may not be suited to the responsibilities and possible consequences of carrying a gun.

I tend to agree with you, but I'll say DefensiveCarry.com as a whole tends to be less aggressive than several others out there.
    rammerjammer and thephanatik like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    I tend to agree with you, but I'll say DefensiveCarry.com as a whole tends to be less aggressive than several others out there.
    I totally agree Camjr. This is a very civilized forum where others I have read are the furthest thing from it.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

In case #2, I probably would have eased my wife behind me and let him rant. DBs like that tend to be all mouth.
    atctimmy likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post

You are correct here......thanks for the good advice.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Dude that is freaking hilarious!!! "Lets' just hug it out"!!!!! Claaaaaaassic!!!
    Did you really use the word, "Dude"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I can tell you that I wouldn't have given a second thought to it, my wife however, may have had a thing or two to say to the young man. I am by no means a "big" guy, but at 6'3" and 175lbs with broad shoulders, I am sure intimidating to your average punk in baggy pants. I just let most things slide, life is too short to worry about people who have no regard for others.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

When people rage on me, I just wave a goofy Forrest Gump wave and say "Heeey". That throws them off and they think I'm a crazed escaped mental patient...which may or may not have some degree of truth...
    ws76133, mano3 and thephanatik like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Betty, you did exactly what was necessary to go on with life. There may be other times to test your firearm skills, but those two were not the ones.

I'm not interested in a war of words at my age, after the bump, I apologize (even if not my fault) and move on...life is too short.
    In today's world, one can find a fight in most places in about a minute or two...for what?
    My ego is in fine shape and needs no tough guy injections to survive.
    surefire7 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Brittle egos

I thought the OP and husband did display courage, courage isn't defined by beating someone down, it's often by walking away, peacefully.

VIP Member
    As a minor hijack, this thread has brought back memories. :) I was just thinking back to a few times in my youth when a loud mouthed jerk was calling me out and got punched in the face for the trouble. I always wondered why guys would keep talking after they called me out to fight. I always loved the spread the arms out and keep saying "go ahead, hit me!" move. I knocked out a lot of guys with that one. "Go ahead and hit me!" POW! Fight over.

Once when a guy called me out to fight I put my fists up in front of me to defend myself in preparation to the actual fight starting. There were a couple cute girls present and I guess he was playing to the crowd when he started laughing at my upraised fists. "He said what's with the hands up ha ha ha" and made a couple mocking gestures with his hands. That's when the overhand right hit him in the face and he hit the floor. I chuckle every time I think about it. Him mocking me and then lights out. Some people never do figure out that there is a time for talking and then a time for fighting. Usually those types end up with missing teeth.

It's a different world now. When and where I grew up being able to fight was a badge of honor. Now it's frowned upon. Part of me thinks that one of the things wrong with our world is that people who need punched in the face get a free pass. With a few more "reality checks" I think we would have less mass murders in the US.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

"An insult to my wife however, is entering another realm of reality. I might just do what I stated at the beginning of this post and then when he goes nuts, shoot him. Moral? No. Christian? No. Satisfying? Yes. Let's face it guys, when they close the lid for the last time we will go out with a certain amount of "Kid" left in us that has not been killed by society, family, or the law."
    So , when the cell door slams behind you , ya got the rest of your life without family until the coffin lid slams shut because You brought a gun to a fistfight that YOU started .
    Pilgrim , I don't see much profit in that .

StarPD45
    I'm too old and slow for fusticuffs. I'd just have to shoot him and move on.
    ^^^^^^^^ OK. Sarcasm off. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OP: You did the right thing.
    msgt/ret, mano3 and BurgerBoy like this.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    Don't let silly children rattle you. The gun has only one purpose- to shoot someone you must shoot to protect yourself or someone who needs protecting. It bothers me,but I always let it go. I truly do not want to shoot anyone, no matter how much some folks deserve it. I have a job to do.
    Truckinbutch and atctimmy like this.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links