Scenario: Road rage #1

This is a discussion on Scenario: Road rage #1 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sheldon J, No flames taken, the pit man move would be one of the first things to try I guess depends if the guy shows ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scenario: Road rage #1

Sheldon J,
    No flames taken, the pit man move would be one of the first things to try I guess depends if the guy shows any real skills while going fast, I would still try to get away first but if that did not work or was not possible, I would try to give him a flat tire or a pit man maneuver (in racing it called a dump). I would not want to hurt any one not involved, so the side slam would only be a last resort, and only if no other cars were around, remember this scenario was to take place on a deserted highway right? If there was any traffic at all then the whole plan of attack would be much different, mainly for everyone else’s safety.

If the road has any traffic, then I must blend in and out traffic until I can get off the highway. Any offensive acts would more than likely cause other people to be in danger, or wreck themselves over reacting to something me or the BG did near them, That would make me just as bad as the BG as far as the laws are concerned. If the road was really busy I would have to pull over and stop the problem if the BG was actually hitting my car.

As far as going well above the \"posted\" speed limit, I have spent most of my life traveling at high speed, on and off road. I know when and where it is \"safe\" to do so. I would never blast thought traffic and risk some one else’s life. But I will go as fast as the wreck I am driving will go to get away from a BG on a deserted road.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    been though Several of Skip Barbers driving schools including his defensive driving one, (what a hoot) the skill levels taught there alone will nix any tricks the BG may have. I know it is very hard but you have to keep your cool while they loose theirs that is 90% of the battle.
    I envy you!!!
    I have wanted to take some of those courses for a long time, but none are available in this part of the country. I hope to get the wife interested in one someday and make a vacation out of it. Heck I would pay good money if someone would rent me a large parking lot for a day. JUst show up with a few junkers from the impound auctions and have at it. Of course that would be for entertainment only, I doubt I would learn much but as long as you used a little common sense it would be a blast.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Originally posted by GoodSamaritan
    I drive a crown vic with some minor modifications
    You wouldnt happen to be a member over on CVN would ya?
    Marc_S

A similar situation happened to me, and I still do not know what I did to irritate this particular driver, nor do I know what he had planned. At that time I was driving a smaller car and this was before I had my handgun permit. I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed there was a white SUV behind me. The little caution light in my head went off when I noticed that this guy was following me on what was an empty road as it was around 2AM when I was getting off work.

I decided that I would keep an eye on this car because the situation was a little strange. I was meeting some friends up at IHOP and continued there. When I turned into the shopping center that had the IHOP I noticed the car turn in behind me. I proceeded to the IHOP parking lot while keeping an eye on the car.

The car parked itself right across the street in front of an empty parking lot and just waited there. At this point I wasn\'t entirely sure if I was being followed or not so I decided to test my theory out. I gave a call to one of my friends and explained the situation. He decided since he hadn\'t parked yet, he would follow me out. I pulled past the parked car and made a left at the intersection, never letting the car get side by side with me.

As I was afraid, the car followed me out making a left turn right behind me. I proceeded to make random turns at intersections, including double driving through one, at this point I was sure of my suspicions. I pulled into a crowded wal-mart parking lot. The SUV decided not to follow me in and parked a little down the street, I guess waiting for me to come out. My friend in his bigger SUV took it upon himself to convince the guy in the SUV to leave with some creative driving.

This event is why I now carry concealed. I have no idea what this guy was planning to do once I got out of my car, and I had no plans on finding out. In hindsight, I should have probably called the cops right away, but that just didn\'t cross my mind at the time.

VIP Member
    I\'m in a light pickup with a light rear end, which won\'t fare to well if the guy behind me rams me \"just so.\" The only hope I have is creative driving and using the added inches I have off the ground to go places where he might not be able to follow. I\'ll evade first. If I can\'t seem to shake him, I\'ll get behind him and aim for his trunk and make him spin.

I had a dump truck get an inch off my bumper before. Looking in my rearview mirror, all I could see was tihs huge grill. That was scary. Screw doing the \"brake test\" on something that weighs a ton more than I do. Knowing my acceleration was better than his, I slowed down and then hit the gas and disappeared.

I also don\'t do the tailgator \"brake test\" anymore - a teenage girl got furious and tried to drive me off the road after I did that to her. At the red light up ahead, she cursed at me in her mirror. I pondered what to do for a mintue, and then I leaned over my steering wheel and blew her a big, sloppy kiss, tongue and all. Thinking I was a psycho, she peeled out of there when the light turned green. :D

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I pondered what to do for a mintue, and then I leaned over my steering wheel and blew her a big, sloppy kiss, tongue and all. Thinking I was a psycho, she peeled out of there when the light turned green.
    ROFLMHHO! Now there is a hilarious mental image.

I don\'t do the brake test, but I will just barely set my foot on the brake pedal so that the brake lights come on, but you really arent slowing down. Most of the time it works. When it doesnt, I will take my foot off the gas for a while. If they really want around me, they will usually take the opportunity.

People who try to use the turn lane to get in front of me instead of turning often get an unpleasant surprise, but that is another story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links