"Reloading!" - Page 2

"Reloading!"

This is a discussion on "Reloading!" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Weeg Some units are trained to do this when in a team engagement , as this lets eam-mates know they need to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: "Reloading!"

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeg View Post
    Some units are trained to do this when in a team engagement, as this lets eam-mates know they need to cover down...

usually its a pro-word though.

What is a "pro-word"?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Saw the Brits do the same thing in an Afghanistan combat video.
    That's weird. I'm voting that we shouldn't copy the Brits in everything they do. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Just my thought, but if your in a firefirht, inside a house, your not going to hear what is being said. You can drop and have a new magazine in place before you get the other persons attention and they understand what your saying.
    Agreed but at the same time, it was not constant gunfire. There were enough pauses that allowed you to hear such commands. I'm sorry, I should have made that clear in my original post. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Thank you, that truly brightened my day.
    +1. I had to read it twice...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Gentlemen - Loosely

PETA will be filing charges for animal abuse!

I just glad that there was no choking or spanking of those animals involved as that would be the death penality.
    Agreed. You never want to ruffle the perverbal feathers of PETA. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    What is a "pro-word"?

That's weird. I'm voting that we shouldn't copy the Brits in everything they do. ;-)

Agreed but at the same time, it was not constant gunfire. There were enough pauses that allowed you to hear such commands. I'm sorry, I should have made that clear in my original post. ;-)

+1. I had to read it twice...lol.

Agreed. You never want to ruffle the perverbal feathers of PETA. ;-)
    A pro word is an acronym. For example on the radio you may hear "mam", that's short for military aged male, or someone who could be a threat. They're usually intended for brevity rather than a method of encryption for sensitive info.

Any military unit trained in basic small unit tactics will alert his nearby teammates when reloading. It advises others to cover your fire lane until you're back on line. British tactics aren't much different from ours. Unless you find yourself in a situation where you must use suppression or break contact, it probably won't apply!
    DefConGun and tacman605 like this.

Maybe you could use the trick Dylan McDermitt used in the movie Texas Rangers...he called out: "someone toss me a cartridge!"...then the BG came around a corner to get him, and he fired...

VIP Member
    Yes it is common practice in both military and police units.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Many times when I watch a TV show or a movie, something is going on that just does not seem right or is just plain dumb, stupid and wrong. I will reply "it is only a movie" or "it is only a TV show". That about sums up my reply. When you start reciting events that some movie or TV show have presented, you are entering a realm of fantasy and make believe--accept it for what it is and go on with your life.

Yelling "RELOADING"?... Why? A reload shouild be so quick it shouldnt matter. And it does kind of let your adverary know your unarmed... even for three seconds. Bad JuJu.

In dealing with a team or partner, telling your buddy, in whatever term you use, is so that they can cover you while you reload, or clear a malfunction. Watch some of Travis Haley and Chris Costas drills and you will see what I am talking about. Instead of yelling "reloading"......they yell "cover". By yelling "cover" they telling their partner to cover them until they get back in the game. Yes, a reload should be fast, quick and easy. But what if its not?

Some units will come up with their own term, like "red"....meaning I'm reloading or have a malfunction......and then yell "green" when they are back up.

It's not bad juju......it's called team tactics.
    tacman605 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links