Scenario: Multiple SUV attack! Ah!

This is a discussion on Scenario: Multiple SUV attack! Ah! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All right, first of all, this isn't a super-serious thread, since the probability of a good majority of us being attacked in this way is ...

Thread: Scenario: Multiple SUV attack! Ah!

Scenario: Multiple SUV attack! Ah!

All right, first of all, this isn't a super-serious thread, since the probability of a good majority of us being attacked in this way is probably pretty small, but here it is...

I was watching the movie "Swordfish" with John Travolta and Hugh Jackman. In that movie, they are both in a small convertible driving around the streets when suddenly Travolta sees two black suburbans behind them and they begin evasive maneuvers. Anyway, it ends with the suburbans multiplying into FOUR vehicles after his little car, and what he does is get far ahead of them, do a 180 degree turn and come to a complete stop. Then he jumped out of the car and pulled out a FN M249 SAW from his trunk, with which he faced all the suburbans head-on (though, to be honest, there were maybe 2-3 suburbans by that time, I think) and opened fire on them.

As I watched that, I was thinking "Was that really very smart?" I mean, he has a small, very fast sports car and should be able to easily outrun the black suburbans. Also, facing off against all four suburbans like that sounds a bit suicidal.

Oh yeah, and there can't be any way he could have fired that SAW in the stance he was in. But anyway..

Let's say you DID have to face off against multiple vehicles in that way, what would YOU pick?
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

2. Remove Ads

Lew
    1. (For BSU) M203, since it is hypothetical.

2. (Possible) Don't stop, you can out run them.

3. (Uh, ok...) Uh, suburbans against my Tractor Trailer? Their just speed bumps...I RULE at bumper cars....
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    He was driving a Tuscan Speed 6. That car will outperform any SUV you can throw at it. I would haul tail and run like hell.

Being attacked like that (having a bunch of suburbans full of nefarious individuals) is just one more reason I enjoy having a quick car with a good suspension and a lot of skill driving it.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Pull Around The Corner...

and change vehicles...into my M-1 tank...like that dude on Police/Wildest Chases...remember?...the tank episode?...well, you said it was hypothetical!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    and change vehicles...into my M-1 tank...like that dude on Police/Wildest Chases...remember?...the tank episode?...well, you said it was hypothetical!

ret
    why do that when you can just deflect their bullets with your light saber and use the force to crush their tracheas?

Lew

There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

VIP Member
    My wife has a saying when I snort about things like this in shows and movies.

"It works for the plot"
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    That’s easy, just include an air strike scene into the script. Then all I have to do is use my cell phone to call for my air support.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Hit the oil injection... you know, the thing that injects nice, thick oil into the exaust stream right after the catalytic converter. Wait, maybe that was just our invention for the hotrods. Anyway... Blind them while my gorgeous blonde heat-of-the-moment girlfriend climbs into the back of my Bravada and starts in with the floor-mounted M60...

Of course, we'd both be wearing body armor with briefcases filled with trauma plates, so no worries either way. :D

Josh <><

Links