Scenario: Liquor Store

This is a discussion on Scenario: Liquor Store within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One variation on the \"Go ahead and call the cops\" bit is to look at the clerk, wink, and say, \"So, did the police say ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scenario: Liquor Store

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    One variation on the \"Go ahead and call the cops\" bit is to look at the clerk, wink, and say, \"So, did the police say when they would get here?\"
    I can\'t beleive that jerk just hit and ran like that! Oh well at least you got his lisence....\" You thank the clerk for calling the cops for you as you head out the door.

If the clerk has half a brain, he will just play along. If the three guys are up to no good they will likely leave. Of course they could see right through you but the seed of doubt will be planted in their pea brains. This alone might cause them to bail.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I get these from my friend who is a cop. He says that most of the time if you can disrupt the plan most will bail. He said the ones who won\'t are the MS13 gang members and a few others that are usually gang members. He did say the thing they do is come in fairly large numbers (5 or more). He knew these guys weren\'t major gang affiliated and he figures only the guy in the center aisle was armed if any of them really were armed. We\'ll never know for sure.

Dang I arrived to late to the party. Great scenario. caught a bug and have had my arms wrapped around the porcelain pot for a few days. :barf:

~A

VIP Member
    Originally posted by APachon
    Dang I arrived to late to the party. Great scenario. caught a bug and have had my arms wrapped around the porcelain pot for a few days. :barf:

~A
    Hope you are feeling better.

There are more coming. A cop I teach CHP classes with runs these by me and asks me what I would do, then tells me what really happened. Interesting stuff sometimes.

Scott, still sick as a dog... but thanks for the well wishes.

~A

Originally posted by Scott
    Originally posted by APachon

~A
    Hope you are feeling better.

There are more coming. A cop I teach CHP classes with runs these by me and asks me what I would do, then tells me what really happened. Interesting stuff sometimes.

You know Scott......there is a huge g..u..l..f.. between the actions of a citizen and a badge. At least as much difference as an orange and an apple.

If you want to be a law enforcement officer, go do it, but do not try to hold me to that standard. I do not have the duty to serve and protect. My duty is to go home to my family.

Your friend is correct..distract, disrupt, disable, destroy, works, but as a citizen the above is used when in a situation you cannot back out of.

Do not confuse the actions of an LEO and the plain old citizen. They are different.

VIP Member
    Originally posted by KC135
    You know Scott......there is a huge g..u..l..f.. between the actions of a citizen and a badge. At least as much difference as an orange and an apple.

If you want to be a law enforcement officer, go do it, but do not try to hold me to that standard. I do not have the duty to serve and protect. My duty is to go home to my family.

Your friend is correct..distract, disrupt, disable, destroy, works, but as a citizen the above is used when in a situation you cannot back out of.

Do not confuse the actions of an LEO and the plain old citizen. They are different.
    I agree completely that there is no comparison between a LEO\'s actions and a citizen\'s actions in any given scenario. I also agree that everyone\'s duty is to go home safe and sound to their family. No argument from me on those points.

Please point out in my posts where I have tried to hold anyone to the same standard as a LEO. Also where have I indicated I\'m some wanna be LEO. I respect them and know a fair few, but there isn\'t enough money in the world, as they say.

In my follow-up, I said the LEO decided to stay because he was a LEO. I didn\'t say anyone else should stay. Some of the other posters went down that road.

I also posted that the LEO said that disrupting the BG\'s plan is usually all it takes. I didn\'t say that disrupting BG\'s plan meant any sort of confrontation on anyone\'s part. Disruption could be suddenly leaving. Finding cover, getting on your cell phone or throwing a grenade;). Lot\'s of things disrupt a BG\'s plan. I think a lot of people know from experience and training that disrupting the BG\'s plan is a good thing.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with things. It tends to be situation dependent. I\'ll not judge anyone\'s reponse, however, I hope to pick up some new angles or interesting solutions as I did in this thread and others.

Administrator

Body Armor

Daily Wear Of Body Armor is one big difference between the \"average citizen\" & LEO.
    I might possibly be more inclined to act if there was a decent chance that my \"vitals\" were not going to turned into a kettle of vittles. :D

\"Disrupting The Plan\" is usually synonymous with \"Prompting An Action\" on the part of the BGs - statistics might show that the BG will usually \"bail\" but it is still a huge question mark for any particular situation. In addition...\"crackheads\" these days are totally unpredictable & I don\'t think that anyone can surmise what their crazed actions might be.

DC Founder
    I believe that a quick whisper to the clerk to \"watch these guys, I will be outside\" would work, assuming you were parked close enough to continue watching. Like many of you, it would not be my first inclination to get in the middle of something that I could avoid, but remaining outside might serve to keep the clerk alive anyway. They are not likely to shoot anyone inside knowing someone is outside watching. If they robbed the place and came out, I would let them go their merry way, hopefully getting a license number, accurate description or direction of travel. If they shoot inside that store, they will be facing me when they walk out that door. And I will be in a position of cover.

I am no longer a LEO (reserve years ago) and don\'t play one on TV, but I would be hard pressed to just get in my car and drive off and \"leave them to the wolves\". I respect everyone\'s reasons for leaving the store (which are the same as mine) but I, personally, couldn\'t do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links