New scenario I thought about would like some help with

This is a discussion on New scenario I thought about would like some help with within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The scenario that I have envisioned came to me because of a convo with my sis In-law so here it goes: You live within walking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New scenario I thought about would like some help with

The scenario that I have envisioned came to me because of a convo with my sis In-law so here it goes:
    You live within walking or jogging distance to your in-law, or siblings house. She has bad her home invaded and is hiding in a room, but she lives alone. You live in a may issue state so you do not have your permit for concealed carry. You know that because of your location the police will not be on location for atleast 10 minutes at best maybe more. Do you go give aid if possible? Do you bring your firearm? Do you go into the house and to the persons side and bunker down until police arrive, or get her out and back to your house until the police arrive?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    In Merryland??? They are on their own.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I dont know Marylands laws but a call from a family member that close in the process of hiding from an intruder? Unless you like REALLY dont like them for some reason just personally common sense would dictate that you go, go armed, and help. If you could rouse a neighbor or two in a short time great.
    Personally Im asumming youve been called by the damsel in distress. Police know what their ETA is. A fast call to PD advising the act is in progress with a victim hiding and that you are going over I seriously doubt will get a no from LEO.
    In no way am I giving legal advise or telling you to do anything only what I would do.
    I would arm myself and go, help my family, and if the laws in your state are that crazy leave it to a jury to convict me for going to aid a family member in immidieate danger when no other recourse was available. Rather that that attend the funeral of a loved one or the agony of a kidnapping rape etc.
    Thats just me. What you would do is totally up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I dont know Marylands laws but a call from a family member that close in the process of hiding from an intruder? Unless you like REALLY dont like them for some reason just personally common sense would dictate that you go, go armed, and help. If you could rouse a neighbor or two in a short time great.
    Personally Im asumming youve been called by the damsel in distress. Police know what their ETA is. A fast call to PD advising the act is in progress with a victim hiding and that you are going over I seriously doubt will get a no from LEO.
    In no way am I giving legal advise or telling you to do anything only what I would do.
    I would arm myself and go, help my family, and if the laws in your state are that crazy leave it to a jury to convict me for going to aid a family member in immidieate danger when no other recourse was available. Rather that that attend the funeral of a loved one or the agony of a kidnapping rape etc.
    Thats just me. What you would do is totally up to you.
    Thank you I believe in the situation I would do exactly as you said but just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it

Distinguished Member
    My firearm would not be concealed at that point so no CWP is moot.
    Spec likes this.

If my family needs my help from a possible assault; I'm going NOW, I'm going ARMED, I'm going FAST. I'll let the LEO, the DA, the judge & the jury deal with whatever repercussions they later feel are appropriate. But I'm gonna' give aid RIGHT THEN with every deadly piece of hardware I can pack. There are situations that allow the luxury of careful prudence, but...THIS AIN'T ONE OF THEM!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If my family needs my help from a possible assault; I'm going NOW, I'm going ARMED, I'm going FAST. I'll let the LEO, the DA, the judge & the jury deal with whatever repercussions they later feel are appropriate. But I'm gonna' give aid RIGHT THEN with every deadly piece of hardware I can pack. There are situations that allow the luxury of careful prudence, but...THIS AIN'T ONE OF THEM!
    What he said.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    I'd be all in.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    My firearm would not be concealed at that point so no CWP is moot.
    Kinda hard to conceal a shotty!!
    scgunlover1 and Spec like this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Absolutely!!
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Not taking into account any laws, I'd be hoofing it toward the relatives home armed openly WHILE I'm on 911 describing myself IN DETAIL so I'm not the first target of arriving officers.

As said earlier, no concealed here so permit wouldn't be an issue.
    Alien1 likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I'm the only one close that my SIL knows has a gun, so she probably would call me, even though she doesn't see the "need" for one. That aside, carry openly on the way over. Make sure you are on the line with the sister on the way in there is no mix up on where she is so there is no accident. And definitly inform the police of your intent and description. The operator won't tell you that it is ok for you to do that, or to clear the house for the sister, but they can't stop you, and a good operator should tell you that you can take the necessary steps to protect your family.
    Walk softly ...

Tell you sister/SIL to get a shotgun before she needs it, replace the bedroom door with an exterior door, and show her the best barricade position in the bedroom that allows her to cover the doorway.
    MrsHB and Spec like this.

I guess she should have purchased a gun for self defense instead of relying on you for protection.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Sounds good to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links