Larry Correia refutes the gun controllers once and for all...

This is a discussion on Larry Correia refutes the gun controllers once and for all... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a long read but well worth it. It pretty much covers it all. Educate yourselves and understand it. I didnít want to post ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Larry Correia refutes the gun controllers once and for all...

Senior Moderator

Larry Correia refutes the gun controllers once and for all...

This is a long read but well worth it. It pretty much covers it all. Educate yourselves and understand it.

I didnít want to post about this, because frankly, it is exhausting. Iíve been having this exact same argument for my entire adult life. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I know pretty much exactly every single thing an anti-gun person can say. Iíve heard it over and over, the same old tired stuff, trotted out every single time there is a tragedy on the news that can be milked. Yet, I got sucked in, and Iíve spent the last few days arguing with people who either mean well but are uninformed about gun laws and how guns actually work (who I donít mind at all), or the willfully ignorant (who I do mind), or the obnoxiously stupid who are completely incapable of any critical thinking deeper than a Facebook meme (them, I canít stand).

Larry Correia refutes the gun controllers once and for all
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

MJK
    Great read! Thank you for posting this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

This has recently been posted...........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Thanks.... for those who aren't afraid of the truth.

Holy Cow HotGuns, I just read that entire blog post.

Most excellent.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Great article...already 'bookmarked' it and passed it on to several others...

Thanks for the post!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Follow the links at the end of the article for additional good reading.

OD*
    Excellent indeed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Read it- love it. Great article. Thanks.

A long read but excellent. Thanks for posting. More people need to read articles like this. Oh I forgot. The anti gun people cant read the truth. All they can do is look at pictures of scary gun features and run.

This was a great read for someone like myself, who despite having been around firearms and using them for years, only recently decided to carry. It really cements the reasons -why- I decided to carry in the first place, as well as providing valuable information from a truly experienced source.

Things like this reinforce my decision to carry, and buoy my own modest efforts to support the 2A with regular communications to my legislatures. I've since passed it around to several people. Many of the people I've focused getting it to are highly intelligent, but skeptical of firearms. One of them even owns one, but believes in severely restricted ownership and rights, and is completely against schools having any armed staff.

As I told him, and as exactly worded to my reps, the only people who can mitigate or stop a threat to a school or public place are the people already there, having someone with far more real world experience saying it too may help change their opinions.

Because in the end that's what I hope can come from things like that article. You can't fix the willingly ignorant, but the uninformed, or those affected by media sensationalisim, or those with the intelligence but not the knowledge...they all have the potential to be brought into this more mature understanding of firearms and protection, and if they are, then the willfully ignorant can continue to be led by the more informed.

VIP Member
    Excellent post, thanks HotGuns.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

If you haven't read Larry's fiction, I highly recommend it. It's evident he's a fan of firearms and his spin on the supernatural is very entertaining (Cor-Bon "Pow'R Ball" with a pure silver ball to hunt werewolves).

Monster Hunter
    Monster Hunter International
    Monster Hunter Vendetta
    Monster Hunter Alpha

Grimnoir Chronicles
    Hard Magic
    Spellbound
    Cory1022 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

excellent, maybe even worthy of being stickied

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links