Is there a way to defend against this type of mugging? (Video, Not graphic)

This is a discussion on Is there a way to defend against this type of mugging? (Video, Not graphic) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 4) Don't expect help from bystanders. I don't think any of us believe this. But even if that cab driver had a CCW, would he ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Is there a way to defend against this type of mugging? (Video, Not graphic)

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    4) Don't expect help from bystanders. I don't think any of us believe this. But even if that cab driver had a CCW, would he act to save your life? Would any of else help someone in this situation - we'd like to think we would do something. But like many have said, it isn't our job to clean up the streets, just to protect ourself and our families.
    That in bold; What do you (cabbie) coming up on this situation really know about the situation? My thoughts on such things is if I don't know the whole story I don't stick my nose in the fight. If you didn't see it from the start and know what all lead up to the situation, stay away from it.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    That in bold; What do you (cabbie) coming up on this situation really know about the situation? My thoughts on such things is if I don't know the whole story I don't stick my nose in the fight. If you didn't see it from the start and know what all lead up to the situation, stay away from it.
    If the guy taking the mugging didn't have the sense to react, it is tough to expect someone else to intervene.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

In the victims defense this takes place in Iran.In the 70's my family lived there my, Dad was in the oil business and i know from then and following them now, that the victim couldn't be 100% sure it was a robbery with the guys on bikes. The secret police often ride bikes like that and they swoop in on people.During their uprising they had a few years back, you know when Obama did nothing to support their efforts, the government had goon squads riding around on bikes killing protestors. So, just something to explain his initial hesitation and weak responses. They are used to being roughed up and hassled by all types of groups over there.

If I was armed, I would have probably done what everybody else here would do.

Unarmed, I would have run right out into the street. This is a old school city dweller's technique, because being in the middle of the street creates more witnesses, and when you're dealing with a psychotic or an intox odds are he is going to get hit by the car and not you.

And there's this about people on motorcycles or bicycles, they are very vulnerable to getting a beating! He can't move his lower body, which means he can't get anything on a punch, he can't kick and he can only move forward or backward without falling and that makes his movement predictable. So you can really pummel him!
    aus71383 likes this.

Is there a way to defend against this type of mugging? (Video, Not graphic)

Awesome posts and ideas. This is why I joined.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    As soon as mugger one got off the bike I'd be reaching for my gun and telling him, in no uncertain terms to keep back, not saying I would draw, but my hand would be on it. As soon as the second mugger arrived my gun would be out, and when I saw the knife, well lets just say the man with the knife wouldn't like the loud noise coming from my hand.
    If you would of did that you would of been knocked out. You don't negoiate with people like this, you act. You pull your gun out and shoot. Luckly I have never been anywhere in the U.S., with roads that close to a door or atm or whatever he was doin. It would be extremely hard to react and I'd probably be a victim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links