January 6th, 2013 11:21 PM
concealed carry in unemployment office
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can conceal carry in a unemployment office in arkansas. I know its a federal building but theres know sign saying you cant conceal carry. Its not a prison, court house, jail so i dont see why i couldnt. Any info would be appreciated
January 6th, 2013 11:24 PM
As long as it is a federal building the answer is no.
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
January 6th, 2013 11:40 PM
Check your state law...........
"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
--Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney
Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791
and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."
January 7th, 2013 01:37 AM
According to hangunlaws.us, the answer is no.
January 7th, 2013 05:25 AM
Only if you want to risk becoming a felon.
Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
January 7th, 2013 07:07 AM
concealed carry in unemployment office
I work at a National Park and that's a Federal office. NO CC unless you want to end up in jail.
U.S. Navy Chief Electronics Technician (EW)(Ret) 26 Years
IT Specialist-National Park Service
Florida High School Athletic Association Baseball Umpire
NRA Yearly Member 2013
January 7th, 2013 09:07 AM
No need to post the same question in two different forums.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
-General James Mattis, USMC
January 7th, 2013 09:51 AM
What part of NO guns in a Federal building does one not understand?
I think the OP needs to go to a gun class and learn about his local and federal laws...
Just sayin but this kind of question makes me suspect the OP is not up on his regs.
RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR
I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6
January 7th, 2013 09:09 PM
someone said that an unemloyment office isn't a federal building at all, but a county or state office.
January 7th, 2013 09:47 PM
Correct - unemployment compensation is managed at the state level. However, YOUR state may have its own rules about weapons - concealed or otherwise - in government buildings.
Originally Posted by M.A.N
You were given an excellent reference in Post #4 in this thread. Please read it, and if you still have questions, post back.
NRA Endowment Member
November 17th, 2013 08:38 PM
Dept. of Workforce Services in Arkansas are state offices, so carry -concealed or open - is prohibited there.
November 17th, 2013 08:47 PM
I was unsure as well here in Utah I was pretty sure the unemployment office or Workforce Services is state run not federal. I would not have even considered it a federal building. In fact in state government buildings here they cannot restrict you from carrying. You can carry right in the capital building open or concealed.
November 17th, 2013 09:44 PM
See Item 10, I think that answers your question.
A.C.A. § 5-73-306
Arkansas Code of 1987 Annotated Official Edition
© 1987-2013 by the State of Arkansas
All rights reserved.
*** Legislation is current through the 2013 Regular Session and updates ***
*** received from the Arkansas Code Revision Commission through ***
*** October 9, 2013. ***
Title 5 Criminal Offenses
Subtitle 6. Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Or Welfare
Chapter 73 Weapons
Subchapter 3 -- Concealed Handguns
A.C.A. § 5-73-306 (2013)
5-73-306. Prohibited places.
No license to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to this subchapter authorizes any person to carry a concealed handgun into:
(1) Any police station, sheriff's station, or Department of Arkansas State Police station;
(2) Any Arkansas Highway Police Division of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department facility;
(3) (A) Any building of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department or onto grounds adjacent to any building of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department.
(B) However, subdivision (3)(A) of this section does not apply to a rest area or weigh station of the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department;
(4) Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
(5) Any courthouse;
(6) (A) Any courtroom.
(B) However, nothing in this subchapter precludes a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon into his or her courtroom;
(7) Any polling place;
(8) Any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity;
(9) Any meeting of the General Assembly or a committee of the General Assembly;
(10) Any state office;
(11) Any athletic event not related to firearms;
(12) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in § 3-5-1202, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises;
(13) Any portion of an establishment, except a restaurant as defined in § 3-5-1202, where beer or light wine is consumed on the premises;
(14) (A) A school, college, community college, or university campus building or event, unless for the purpose of participating in an authorized firearms-related activity or otherwise provided for in § 5-73-322.
(B) However, subdivision (14)(A) of this section does not apply to a kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) private school operated by a church or other place of worship that:
(i) Is located on the developed property of the kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) private school;
(ii) Allows the licensee to carry a concealed handgun into the church or other place of worship under this section; and
(iii) Allows the licensee to possess a concealed handgun on the developed property of the kindergarten through grade twelve (K-12) private school under § 5-73-119(e);
(15) Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person is prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the passenger terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking the firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft;
(16) (A) Any church or other place of worship.
(B) However, this subchapter does not preclude a church or other place of worship from determining who may carry a concealed handgun into the church or other place of worship;
(17) Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law;
(18) Any place where a parade or demonstration requiring a permit is being held, and the licensee is a participant in the parade or demonstration; or
(19) (A) (i) Any place at the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of the place by placing at each entrance to the place a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten feet (10') that "carrying a handgun is prohibited".
(ii) (a) If the place does not have a roadway entrance, there shall be a written notice placed anywhere upon the premises of the place.
(b) In addition to the requirement of subdivision (19)(A)(ii)(a) of this section, there shall be at least one (1) written notice posted within every three (3) acres of a place with no roadway entrance.
(iii) A written notice as described in subdivision (19)(A)(i) of this section is not required for a private home.
(iv) Any licensee entering a private home shall notify the occupant that the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun.
(B) Subdivision (19)(A) of this section does not apply if the physical location is a public university, public college, or community college, as defined in § 5-73-322, and the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun as provided under § 5-73-322.
HISTORY: Acts 1995, No. 411, § 2; 1995, No. 419, § 2; 1997, No. 1239, § 2; 2003, No. 1110, § 1; 2007, No. 664, § 2; 2009, No. 294, § 28; 2011, No. 758, § 1; 2013, No. 67, § 1; 2013, No. 226, §§ 3, 4; 2013, No. 1390, § 2.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."
November 18th, 2013 07:49 AM
If it is indeed a federal building then carrying is not permitted.
Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.
NRA Life Member
November 18th, 2013 08:11 AM
Wondering what part of "NO" he doesn't understand?
Search tags for this page
can you conceal carry in a wa state office
can you conceal carry into unemployment office in ga
concealed carry in arkansas tag offices?
concealed carry in unemployment
legal carry in unemployment office.
tag office carry concealed ga
unemloyment office il
washington unemployment office no firearms?
you can concealed carry in arkansas parks
Click on a term to search for related topics.
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors