Walmart asset protection - Page 3

Walmart asset protection

This is a discussion on Walmart asset protection within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just be careful not to use excessive force! Sprawl-Busters Newsflash Blog - Anti-Sprawl news since 1998....

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Walmart asset protection

Just be careful not to use excessive force! Sprawl-Busters Newsflash Blog - Anti-Sprawl news since 1998.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Wow! There was actually an employee at the gun counter? Never happens at my Walmart. It usually takes 5 min. to find one anywhere. Then 5 more min to page someone to the gun counter. Then in about 10 min. an employee may appear. Usually not from the gun counter and they won't have the keys to get you anything. Complained to the mgmt. on duty. It never changes. I thought all Walmarts were this way. Doesn't matter now anyway. Nothing is in the ammo cabinet.

Last time i went to Walmart it was around 12 midnight. And there was actually a guy at the counter who was very helpful and even offered me the Federal FMJ over the Winchester saying "you wont notice a difference and it's cheaper." I knew some walmarts carried the Federal but i usually just get the white box to avoid any confusion and get the hell out.

To top it off i asked about the Colt AR's and he said one came in earlier and was sold immediately and he knew the exact price of it off the top of his head and everything. I left dumbfounded...

I couldnt focus, Timkids avatar kept staring at me.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Weird. I am hyper-observant and have never noticed security guys on the job in Wal-Mart. I've even seen kids run out the front door with an armload of stuff, setting off the alarm, and no one stopped them. Do some Wal-Marts not have security?

In any case, all that ever really offended me: My wife used to go to Sam's club. I went with her once. After the cashier took everything off the shopping cart and scanned it, and we paid, there was a person who intercepted us at the door and inspected the receipt and contents of the cart, to make sure we didn't steal anything. How insulting! I asked him why he was doing this and he said "well sometimes people forget things in the cart or under it." I asked him why they don't just have the cashier look down there instead of insulting people. My wife shot me a look before I made a big scene but I was really offended and decreed that we don't shop at Sam's Club any more. I think my wife still goes there, she just doesn't tell me...

I own a retail business. I've had to spend thousands on video surveillance & I have to pay people to monitor it during business hours. When a thief is spotted, we notify the PD and under no circumstances do we confront them in the store (You never know what else they have in their pockets or purse). We file formal charges on each and every one of them.

Two years ago we caught a five person team. Four distracted employees & the fifth did the stealing. When the PD picked them up, they recovered of $700 in our merchandise. The PD discovered over $8,000 in merchandise from other stores in our area (mostly from national retailers…including Wally World).

None…let me repeat…NONE of the major retailers pressed charges! They just wanted their merchandise back. So, only the actual thief was charged with petty larceny (less than $2,000) for what she stole from my store. They paid her $500 (in cash) bail and presumably moved on to ply their trade elsewhere.
    dmaesa1 likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Good for you! It amazes me how at Walamrt Home Depot and the like, people walk out, setting off the door alarms, and the folks at the registers and CS barely look to see what's happening--if at all. There are regular news reports of someone walking a big screen TV out teh door of WM here, and that's just the ones they bother to see.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanagonnuts View Post
    I couldnt focus, Timkids avatar kept staring at me.
    We need to find out the range that he uses, I would offer to give her some private " on hands" training for free. Heck, I'd even furnish the equipment for no charge. Nice avatar.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    While visiting the inlaws they had a show called "caught in the act" on the tube. While the show was poorly done, it was educational and showed how hard some will work to get things without working for them. I couldn't work in AP, I would beat the tar out of some of them.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
    Please tell me where I said that? Go ahead ill wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, Ill spell it out for you. Read the original post then read yours. You got butt hurt and defensive about the post, I assumed you had actually read it. Me and my assumptions.
    xBulletBendeRx likes this.

Walmart asset protection

Some INCREDIBLY arrogant comments. I was not defending anything, I was saying that generalizing one persons actions as wrong is not fair because one does not know the circumstances of the situation. Why some people get so butt hurt is beyond me. Let them do their jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember an incident at a Walmart not too long ago... I was inside the middle entrance (3 entrances) and to the right by the pharmacy while a friend was looking for something. Suddenly I see a guy running with a big box right towards my friend as she just happened to be in the route he had picked to make his b-line to the door. My reaction was simply to get to her before the thief ran her over so I could push her out of the way since she didn't see what was happening. He missed us by a couple feet and out the door he went. As he ran by I looked to see if any employees were watching and the only person I saw was an accomplice waiting I assume in case his partner needed help. It was quite sobering when we both made eye contact with another guy thinking he may likely of been willing to ambush anyone that tried to physically stop his buddy. They both ran out and I never saw a single employee even look. Odd cause the guy was obviously panicing as he had to have ran carrying a massive stereo in its box from the back of the store all the way to the front. Regardless.... moral of the story is this guy had a buddy waiting to help him if someone tried so be a hero and it may have been bad news if a lone person got in a struggle with the guy trying to hold him till the police got there.

[QUOTE=chuckusaret;2533172]The6shooter I like that patch, haven't seen one for many many years. A good friend of mine served with the 45th in Korea[/QUOTE

I would have put the orig. 45th inf. up but someone would get offended, it changed before WW-II.579px-45th_Infantry_insignia_(swastika)_svg.png
    before ww2 the the 45th. had this. Hitler fixed that.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    [QUOTE=the6shooter;2535356]
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The6shooter I like that patch, haven't seen one for many many years. A good friend of mine served with the 45th in Korea[/QUOTE

I would have put the orig. 45th inf. up but someone would get offended, it changed before WW-II.579px-45th_Infantry_insignia_(swastika)_svg.png
    before ww2 the the 45th. had this. Hitler fixed that.
    I like it, thanks for sharing.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    I love the 45th museum. To stay on topic the firearm collection there is amazing and I'm sure they have to take great strides to ensure that nobody tries to steal it, but I've never seen anyone crawling around on the floor.

With that out of the way, I always get the strangest feeling when I look into Hitler's mirror. To imagine the face most associated with pure evil looked at his reflection in the same mirror I'm seeing my reflection in always gives me the chills.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr5ml View Post
    Weird. I am hyper-observant and have never noticed security guys on the job in Wal-Mart. I've even seen kids run out the front door with an armload of stuff, setting off the alarm, and no one stopped them. Do some Wal-Marts not have security?

In any case, all that ever really offended me: My wife used to go to Sam's club. I went with her once. After the cashier took everything off the shopping cart and scanned it, and we paid, there was a person who intercepted us at the door and inspected the receipt and contents of the cart, to make sure we didn't steal anything. How insulting! I asked him why he was doing this and he said "well sometimes people forget things in the cart or under it." I asked him why they don't just have the cashier look down there instead of insulting people. My wife shot me a look before I made a big scene but I was really offended and decreed that we don't shop at Sam's Club any more. I think my wife still goes there, she just doesn't tell me...
    To the best of my knowledge, checking receipts and carts has Always been Sams policy, since you are leaving with a cart full of unbagged items. It is easier to assume you paid for what you have, when they are bagged.
    "As the economy gets weak, the dollar loses value. Invest in precious metals." I'm investing in lead.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links