A typical senario..WWYD?

This is a discussion on A typical senario..WWYD? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gotammo What kind of bump in the night? You don't know the dog what the dog was after, not enough information to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A typical senario..WWYD?

Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    What kind of bump in the night? You don't know the dog what the dog was after, not enough information to act on.
    I agree, I'm not calling 911 over a bump in the night. I'd investigate a little first.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    What kind of bump in the night? You don't know the dog what the dog was after, not enough information to act on.
    ahh ha! someone caught on....

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sailormnop View Post
    Oh m-forgery meaning a little watered down, not fake. In that case, what exactly is the difference? Is it just that it's not fully auto?

Sorry about going a bit off topic.
    The difference is exactly that. No happy switch = semi-auto = m4gery.
    Happy switch = full-auto = M4.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    Actually, the scenario specified that the bump in the night was a cause for concern:

An hour or so later, something goes bump in the night. Wakes you again. This time, coupled with the earlier happenings, you fear something is up.
    the house is a typical American two story, bedrooms up, kitchen living room etc down....
    If I genuinely "fear something is up", I am going to treat it that way.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Unfortunately, the only defensive position I can hold puts my son in the line of fire. This is the scenario in my house. Dog: either sleeping or growling... you never know . Wife: backup (cue chambered shotgun sound)then call 911. Me: .45 and surefire VERY actively seeking the source of sound. While it's not the safest route, it's the only choice I have with the layout of my house. Hopefully son wakes up too, he knows the hiding place drill. This would keep him out of the line of fire.

VIP Member
    Ensure the motion sensors on the claymores are active and go back to sleep.

Seriously though, tell my wife to go check it out and go back to sleep. If it's a problem she'll give a hollar, if not she'll get back to bed and not bother me. There are so many bumps in the night around here I can't be bothered unless someone is hollaring or I can tell someone is in the house that isn't supposed to be. With all the creaks and squeaks in the house it's better than a motion sensor tracking program.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

In my case, I'll turn over and go back to sleep. The only reason the dog is barking is because a cat or another dog is walking along our fenceline or is in the yard.

In real terms, my 2yo sleeps in another room. I am going after him. I, the wife, and baby all sleep in the master. The door to my sons room is only a couple of yards away from the master. Unfortunately, I expose myself by leaving the bedroom, but the safety of my family is more important than my own.

If when leaving the bedroom I happen to see someone in the house (single story), I am heading away from the family occupied rooms to draw the BG to me. I am armed with my SureFire and a Taurus PT-101. The wife is armed with a cell phone (she isn't "into" guns). When I give her the go ahead, she goes to Stephens room, gathers him and heads out the window with both babies. I handle the rest from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links