Armed Robbery at Work today

This is a discussion on Armed Robbery at Work today within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wasn't personally involved, but a man walks into our facility (healthcare) and goes up to one of the nursing units and says he wants ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Armed Robbery at Work today

I wasn't personally involved, but a man walks into our facility (healthcare) and goes up to one of the nursing units and says he wants a specific pain medication and he has a gun. She said "OK, let me take care of that" and goes and calls 911. The guy sits down in a wheel chair close by and waits. Then he says "Hey, is this going to take much longer, I gotta get home for supper." She said just a few more minutes and then the police show up. They talk to him and ask him if he has a gun. He says no. They cuff him and pat him down and he DOES have a gun. Turns out it was a BB gun. He was awarded a free ride to a local resort where he will be staying a while. This could have really turned out bad. Those no weapons signs sure are effective. In healthcare, the drug heads always show up in the ERs claiming they need pain medicine...seems like they are opting for the more direct and quicker route. I'm shocked it hasn't happened before now.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

My dad had a guy come into his store with a prescription for methadone a few years back. They were out of stock and when my dad told the guy that they would either have to order it or send him to another store, the guy pulled off his prosthetic leg, started banging it on the counter and threatening my dad with it. He finally calmed down and went away without the police getting involved but your story reminded me a little bit of that and how strange drugs can make people.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    My dad had a guy come into his store with a prescription for methadone a few years back. They were out of stock and when my dad told the guy that they would either have to order it or send him to another store, the guy pulled off his prosthetic leg, started banging it on the counter and threatening my dad with it. He finally calmed down and went away without the police getting involved but your story reminded me a little bit of that and how strange drugs can make people.
    LOL.
    Darrow75, msgt/ret and mano3 like this.

Well, he did still have a leg to stand on.

Come on, somebody was gonna say it.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Bet you could out run him
    Ksgunner, grav and carracer like this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Maybe since it was a BB gun the forcefield around the hospital allowed him to get in. I can't think of any other explanation.....

Glad no one got hurt.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I wasn't personally involved, but a man walks into our facility (healthcare) and goes up to one of the nursing units and says he wants a specific pain medication and he has a gun. She said "OK, let me take care of that" and goes and calls 911. The guy sits down in a wheel chair close by and waits. Then he says "Hey, is this going to take much longer, I gotta get home for supper." She said just a few more minutes and then the police show up. They talk to him and ask him if he has a gun. He says no. They cuff him and pat him down and he DOES have a gun. Turns out it was a BB gun. He was awarded a free ride to a local resort where he will be staying a while. This could have really turned out bad. Those no weapons signs sure are effective. In healthcare, the drug heads always show up in the ERs claiming they need pain medicine...seems like they are opting for the more direct and quicker route. I'm shocked it hasn't happened before now.
    A 20-22 yr old went into a pharmacy .... pointed gun at tech and Pharmist, telling them he wanted this, this, and some of that...... while threatening to kill them with the gun , and waving it in the Tech's face. The Pharmist picked up the shotgun he had behind the counter and shot him. He died.

His family, were saying how they did not believe "he did it" and that he was "such a nice boy". May be, and maybe he had a drug problem that they didn't seem to know about and decided he was going to get some drugs one way or the other, but his real mistake was sticking a gun in someone's face threatening to kill them in order to get them. It was a fatal mistake.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    So would that be considered armed robbery or legged robbery?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    So would that be considered armed robbery or legged robbery?
    Legged Robbery, no doubt about it!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Sounds like the nurse kept her cool and handled it well.
    aus71383 and Ksgunner like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I want to know where he's getting his medicine. Mine costs an arm and a leg.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Legged Robbery, no doubt about it!
    So when arrested and searched, do the cops say, "Spread your foot"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

As I was reading the story, I was half expecting him to pull a weapon out of his prosthetic leg..
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Well, he did still have a leg to stand on.

Come on, somebody was gonna say it.
    He's been frustrated ever since losing that ass kicking contest.
    It's all part of the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sounds like the nurse kept her cool and handled it well.
    Yes glad all is well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links