A crazed gunman starts firing... - Page 4

A crazed gunman starts firing...

This is a discussion on A crazed gunman starts firing... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll be over there, behind cover, speed-dialing 1911......

View Poll Results: A crazed gunman starts firing into a crowded restaurant. You...

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tweet Obama to show your support for his plan to repeal Second Amendment rights

11 4.33%
  • Call ACORN and ask for a Community Organizer to negotiate with the gunman

2 0.79%
  • Dial 911 and HOPE the cops get there before he kills you

4 1.57%
  • Hope he's only got 10 round magazines so he'll have to reload before he kills you

1 0.39%
  • HOPE his gun jams before he kills you

0 0%
  • Hope there is a bitter clinger in the restaurant who will shoot him

5 1.97%
  • Pull out your Glock (the ONLY real gun) and shoot the dirtbag

77 30.31%
  • Pull out any other gun (not real guns, of course) and shoot the dirtbag

154 60.63%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: A crazed gunman starts firing...

I'll be over there, behind cover, speed-dialing 1911...

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I down a gulp of my latte, hop on my iPhone, and post on Twitter of course!

"@BarackObama, @NancyPelosi, @RepMcCarthy, I'm so glad you passed that assault weapons ban! It makes me feel so much better knowing that the guy who is about to shoot me doesn't have a barrel shroud on his gun. And thank God nobody else here has a gun, I'd hate to be shot in a crossfire! RT! RT! #uhoh"
    Hakkaa päälle!

Apply lead as needed.

GLOCK the only real gun. thats pretty funny i say
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Run Forest, Run...

I don't understand the question. What's a crazed gunman? I thought all mass shootings were carried about by unmanned assault rifles.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    It is not up to you to stop him . Call 911 a wait. If no one acts he will stop or leave .
    If none of you had guns things like this would never happen. The problem is the gun if no one had one no one would be killed
    Words of a Union rep at work yesterday as he was informing us of our duty to email congress in support of the gun ban.
    Cancel your membership. I think you know full well where that money is going and what its being used for.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Throw your hands up in the air,shake them violently back and forth and run while screaming Kidding(good mood this morning)

A shooter entering a room of people, I agree throw bibles, purses, backpacks, books, & anything handy. It woulld give those close a chance to overpower the invader.

Step 1: Run to the guns.
    Step 2: Make use of appropriate cover and concealment.
    Step 3: Practice draw technique.
    Step 4: Practice basic principles of marksmanship including sight alignment, sight picture and breath control.
    Step 5: Practice trigger control.
    Step 6: Repeat steps 4 and 5 until either your weapon goes *click* instead of *bang* or the bad guy goes *clunk* on the floor.
    Step 7: Practice reload technique.
    Step 8: Repeat Steps 4 through 6 until desired result is achieved.

Please note that the order of these steps can be changed to some degree. For instance, one may choose to practice draw technique prior to running. However, some steps must be executed in order. As an example, it is inadvisable to practice trigger control prior to basic marksmanship. It is considered the height of bad form to practice trigger control prior to draw technique.

Immediately demand that the manager comp the meal....the blood and noise having totally destroyed the ambience of an otherwise enjoyable evening out.
    Nebraska12 and sauerpuss like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I would only shoot if he stood in between me and the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Kinda hard to spell anything with only 8 rounds, just saying.
    Not when each hole is almost a half inch in diameter on the front side!
    USM1976 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    I'm not too sure a plate of food thrown at a BG with a gun would be a good idea. Wouldn't that be taking a plate of food to a gun fight? I am fairly certain the next target would be the food tosser. A .45 would be a much better choice of weapons. Oh yeah, my 1911 DW .45 is a real gun. And it is always within reach. Carry Always Never Tell.
    Yes, sir, oldnfat, remember the Luby's shooting in Killeen, Texas, back 1991...lots of food spilled there, and it didn't stop that shooter.
    Someone bent on killed has his mind made-up and little will distract him from his ends.

I will say this, nobody knows what they will do in a situation such as what is depicted here. We can what if everything to death but until you've been in such a situation, it's all conjecture.

Guess I'm the echo in the room, I didn't see the video fo the young woman talking about her parents...that video was made many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    I will say this, nobody knows what they will do in a situation such as what is depicted here. We can what if everything to death but until you've been in such a situation, it's all conjecture.

Guess I'm the echo in the room, I didn't see the video fo the young woman talking about her parents...that video was made many years ago.
    You are EXACTLY correct. No one knows exactly how they will react until the bullets start changing sides. But you forget that some of us HAVE exchanged fire with bad guys.

Also, you should DEFINITELY find that video. It's worth the effort to find and watch.
    USM1976, msgt/ret and F350_6 like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links