what should i have done - Page 4

what should i have done

This is a discussion on what should i have done within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with most of the posters here. If you get angry at them or provoke them you're giving them what they want. These sorts ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what should i have done

I agree with most of the posters here.

If you get angry at them or provoke them you're giving them what they want. These sorts of guys are generally out looking for a fight because they want attention IMHO.

If you just ignore them it may provoke them further, but at least then you are on the right side of the law rather than the wrong side of the law.

That being said I think all of us are guilty of having a couple of thugs get a rise out of us on occasion. It's a tough situation to be in, glad everything turned out okay.

- Ryan
    "Life exists at a level of complexity almost beyond our ability to comprehend. It's a well known fact that if you try to take apart a cat to see how it works one of the first things you have on your hands is a non-working cat" - Douglas Adams

"All things are governed by law" - Hippocrates

I read somewhere, "You can afford to have a gun,OR you can afford to have a temper, but you can't afford both." I live by it everyday.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Yeah, you don't want to encourage them, but I think standing your ground at their insults is not inappropriate, it shows them that you are not intimidated. Maybe they will find someone else to yell at. If they come out of the vehicle, your choices are: 1. Apologize 2. Retreat 3. Take a defensive posture (stance and hand on weapon) 4. Take an offensive posture (draw). Combinations of these choices may also be appropriate, such as 1/3.

In a slightly different scenario, I was working security at a McDonalds (bad neighborhood). The window cashier proceeded to tell me that some guys at the window were "looking" for me. I had her tell them that they had found me, now what? No more problems!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I don’t remember where I read it but I read the following once that is one of the greatest things I’ve read pertaining to CCW and the responsibilities you have in having that privilege.

“When I put my gun on, I take my pride off.”
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Silly if you ask me...and you did ask.

My commentary applies to you whether you were carrying a gun or not, or whether you considered using it or not. If you were to get into a scuffle with a couple people like this, you may lose control of your weapon. That is never a good thing.

On to my comments.

Why do you care what someone says to you or thinks of you that:

1) You've never seen before?
    2) You will probably will never see again?
    3) Are just ignorant punks?
    4) May be just some juveniles burning up teenage testerone?

The only person controlling your actions, temper, and moods should be you, or in some cases, your wife. You let these couple of dopes control all three.

One last question. Are you really willing to risk the safety of your wife, or any loved one, just to prove a point with a couple of ignorant punks? If so, you have some serious soul searching to do.

What you should have done. Ignore, watch, avoid, evade.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but stuff like this is deadly serious.
    Last edited by AZ Dog; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:06 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links