Dirtbag Stalking Husband's Client - Page 3

Dirtbag Stalking Husband's Client

This is a discussion on Dirtbag Stalking Husband's Client within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have spoken with the owner of the building where I work and there is a great likelihood of them installing a door near the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Dirtbag Stalking Husband's Client

VIP Member
    I have spoken with the owner of the building where I work and there is a great likelihood of them installing a door near the entrance that is controlled by the receptionist, which would enable that person to control who comes in the door.
    Good, good! There's the style that also has the keypad so employees can type in the code and let themselves in, which also has the feature of the receptionist opening the door from inside. That's the kind we had when I worked at a company years ago; we had installed it after a former employee went kooky and started to stalk the boss... and said he bought a shotgun "for" him ....

We'd definitely have to pay a hefty premium for anyone reliable and proficient in security, so that's a no go there. This could go on for months and years, too. There's too many underqualified and undertrained security. Heck, look at all these photos of celebrities who pay high dollar for a "bodyguard," and that guard is just a pack donkey carrying coffee, kids, and shopping bags.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I am a Licensed MFT and Clinical Supervisor, and understand your position all too well.

Just a thought or two:

1. If you don't go armed in your own home, I'd do so now, and not a little peashooter.

2. If you have an AR or shoty, I'd buy a biometric rifle safe for very quick access. 3.

3. Do you guys have kids of your own? If so, have you briefed them on the situation?

4. Do you have "under duress" codewords or codewords for immeidaite action that you have taught the kids, or for that matter, your receptionist?

The work we do with hurting people is a sacred work, but sometimes, its also scary work......

keep us posted.........
    Hopyard and Rock and Glock like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    We have two children, a son 3.5 years old, and a daughter 10 months old. I have been in the process of teaching our son "safe places," which are hiding places I want him to run to and stay put in the event of this type of emergency. Luckily he's small and skinny and easy to hide. The baby is another matter.
    I am always armed in the house, and have fast access to other arms that are not accessible to our son.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Here's an update. My husband is no longer giving therapy to the two girls, but that doesn't mean the mess is over. The custody dispute between their mom and the dads (DB1 and DB2) ended up in court today, which meant my hub got subpoenaed. Both dads hired the same lawyer, but the custody dispute today was over DB2's daughter. The lawyer was the bullying type who kept trying to hammer away my my hub to share information about DB1's daughter, even though the case was not about that girl. So the lawyer kept doing his lawyer thing, and my hub kept refusing to answer, because he would break HIPAA. (I would've loved to be a fly on the wall to see lawyerspeak vs. shrinkspeak.) The judge told the lawyer to stop it.

On the way out of the courtroom, there was DB1, sitting on a bench, trying to give my hub the staredown. My hub smiled and walked on.

I don't know what the judge is going to decide, but I figure if DB2 loses custody of his daughter, the troublesome DB1 may feel like he will also when it's his turn in court. Depending on what kind of dirtbag he is, it just might get hairy.

I truly feel for anyone who goes thru this.I was dating a lady back in 87,and she had a stalker.What was so frustrating for me,besides her being scared,was back then,there were no stalking laws.Well,not in S.C. anyway.Unless they caught him trespassing,or,he harmed her,there wasn't anything that could be done..I wish the best for the OP,and everyone involved.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Thanks for the update. We don't have to tell you both to keep up the SA.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links