Car Jack - Page 2

Car Jack

This is a discussion on Car Jack within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by katmandoo122 Not being able to see my gun, and having experience with mis-direction of sound from gun shots, they would almost assuredly: ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Jack

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    Not being able to see my gun, and having experience with mis-direction of sound from gun shots, they would almost assuredly:

1) Believe the shots were coming from behind them, and/or
    2) Drop or seek cover because they're not sure where it is coming from.

In either case, they would be distracted enough for me to escape or presecute, depending on the situation.
    Or they start shooting at you. Remember they are thugs and do not "prepare" the same way we do. They may think their "buddy" was doing the shooting and may follow suit, especially since they cannot see your gun.

Take whatever cover you can and then engage. If all they want is your car, let them have it.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    So you have two armed thugs headed your direction, you would prefer to be confined to your vehicle?
    I think I would like to stay in my vehicle (wich weights around +2000lbs, and is still moving) and if they draw a weapon, just run them over / keep moving out of the kill zone - don't really see the need to get out in a bad part of town with questionable characters around me.

Administrator
    [QUOTE=cagueits;218241]I think I would like to stay in my vehicle (wich weights around +2000lbs, and is still moving) and if they draw a weapon, just run them over / keep moving out of the kill zone - don't really see the need to get out in a bad part of town with questionable characters around me.[/QUOTE

Maybe it got lost in translation, but the senario stated that you were already out of the car, but in the door way still.

The other part of the answer I was looking for was to get back in the vehicle, and get outta there. I wanted to see if how many considered that, not just the gun options.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The other part of the answer I was looking for was to get back in the vehicle, and get outta there. I wanted to see if how many considered that, not just the gun options.

Well, I thought I came pretty close when I said that I would probably have not gotten out in the first place... the situation seems WAY too suspicious. What other reason, besides a carjacking, would there be for these guys to have come to a stop light, switched to reverse, and then gone backward to hit me in the first place?

I don't know about getting back in once they are out and so close to me that I can see that one of them already has a gun drawn (if that's what you meant by weapon). I mean, how much distance do they have to cover while I have to change direction, sit back down, close the door, possibly restart the car, put it in gear (reverse seems to be the only option since they're probably too close in front to get around to either side)... They maybe have ten feet to cover? A weapon already drawn, and one in the process of being drawn?

Probably best to try to run for cover, draw, and fire. But if I hadn't left the car, peg it in reverse and hope the windshield resists the shots from their Raven and their Lorcin...

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    If you do find yourself still in the car and are able to, this is a textbook example of when to use the "J turn".
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

I'd probably be too stressed and adrenalized to start consulting a textbook, though...

I would jump back in my car and bug out. You did not say what kind of weapon though. If I read this right, the two guys came from the back seat, so you have one maybe two more people in the car to contend with. I would back up at a high rate of speed and look for a way to turn around. You do not want to be level with the car in front. Call 911 and advise them of the situation and get your instructions from them.

Administrator
    Steve, your right, I didnt say what kind a weapon...

Yeah I don't know about getting back in. I would assume that our bumpers are touching or very close to it, so they don't have much distance before they get to me.

By the description, I assumed that the two men are to take my car and the driver is waiting to take off, once they have mine. So I would see this as two waves of BGs. The driver probably won't get out until he sees his buddys get shot. Once the guy at the drivers side is down, the other will have no cover except to run to the front of his car, so he is in the open. Then the driver has to put the car in park, open his door, and cover half the distance of his car plus my full size pickup to get to me behind the tailgate. I am not inclined to just leave my truck there and take off to let them have it without a fight. They obviously intend to do me harm. And with my registartion and insurance in the truck, they'd then have my address too.
    Last edited by djturnz; October 24th, 2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: To add a forgotten detail

I had failed to notice that these guys had come from the back of the car. I mistakenly thought we were dealing with driver and front passenger (with the possibility of back-seat passengers remaining unknown).

I'm thinking that if you shot the first guy coming back along the driver's side, the second guy may fire, but they are probably ALL going to want to get the hell OUT of there!

I would be surprised if dropping the first guy (or even both of the first two) would result in anything but the driver tearing on out of there in a hurry. Or do you think he's gonna want to open his door and expose himself to the guy who just shot his buddy? They may be thinking they accidentally picked a cop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links