This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell

This is a discussion on This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can see assault charges being filed, but much better would be a civil suit. And subpoena every employee that was there at the time....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell

I can see assault charges being filed, but much better would be a civil suit. And subpoena every employee that was there at the time.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Re: This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell

This is a disgrace. I actually like Taco Bell, but I'm done. With your permission, I'll be happy to post this on every social networking site I belong to. Just so folks can make an informed decision.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    Lish likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I didn't bother reading the other responses. My answer is simple. Sue them for $5zillion! They deserve to lose every penny of it. And part of the suit covers the "manager" being fired! Sue them!!!!!!!!

Actually, not only Taco Bell but personally sue the manager too!

...as am I...they will NEVER see another of my nickels...the "manager" needs to be charged at the highest level appropriate in that state for assault...she and the company need to be sued severely, and the press needs to be all over it...the more national the coverage, the quicker they'll settle...this is wrong on EVERY level...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I am sending a letter to Taco Bell and telling them they no longer have my money and will advise friends, family, military friends, and my police buddies

I wager my lawyer would be speaking with a Taco Bell rep and a police department lawyer about this one within minutes of the incident.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Unfortunately the world has a few completely worthless human beings in it. I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in many years because they don't serve food. I doubt they would have noticed had she dumped her bag on their counter, but that's the first thing I would have done. I'll be sharing this story with my friends who still go there.

Lawsuit allll over it..
    Especially since thats alll on camera.
    She could've called the news station..
    Call Corporate.They will be scared..
    Id do everything in my power to get justice
    not only for myself but so others dont get treated that way

Probably a no shoot situation, but one hell of a time to add some "pepper" into the mix at Taco Bell.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    So that's you in the bathroom when someone beats the door in and puts their hands on you.... What would you do?
    A hands-on situation of violence would result in the hands off of me, no matter what it took. Resisting that A&B would be done with the degree of force I deemed necessary. If the assailant escalated things to the point where I felt in danger of serious harm, I would have no problems drawing to attempt a halt to the attack on me. Absolutely. And per the laws of my state, I would be completely justified in doing so.
    ep1953 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I feel terrible for your friend. No one should be treated like that.

I would be shocked if you got any response from taco bell and certainly not an apology.
    an apology or any admission of fault would be even better ammo for a civil suit. I hope she considers going that route.

Too often you hear people bashing "frivolous" lawsuits. It's BS. Lawsuits are about righting a wrong. It is corrected a couple ways: Being made public and being compensated fairly for your loss.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeFalling View Post
    Unfortunately the world has a few completely worthless human beings in it. I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in many years because they don't serve food. I doubt they would have noticed had she dumped her bag on their counter, but that's the first thing I would have done. I'll be sharing this story with my friends who still go there.
    Dump your bag of feces on the counter? You would be the one needing the lawyer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    It's really sad how some people treat others who are not so fortunate. I would have never hit that woman even if that happened to me or my wife. However, if another man did that to me .... Lord help him. Using the legal process is probably the best thing your neighbor friend can do.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I'm sure she was acting somewhat timid when the police showed up and didn't press the issue, but there clearly was a battery committed against this woman. I would not have dropped the issue. I would insisted on pressing charges for battery!!!

That of course would have been after giving the manager a colostomy shower, and defending myself with physical force. This was a gross violation of the American with Disabilities Act and I would not have left the state of Florida without seeing a local attorney in the area. As a Corporation, Taco Bell, would not want an ADA lawsuit against them.

But again, the manager was a thug, and deserved a thug's response.
    ccw9mm, oneshot and Spirit51 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I had a situation happen at Taco Bell before.
    Im pretty sure I got the thuggete fired...
    And was sure to atleast report them to corporate and the regional manager..

These are the situations lawyers show their worth. This poor woman was wronged in a terrible way and is entitled a good bit of compensation. Taco Bell failed at all levels it seems.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links