This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell

This is a discussion on This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What part of FL ?? Do you know?? H/D...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell

What part of FL ?? Do you know??
    H/D
    tundra likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

2. Remove Ads

One time
    My dads gf went into taco bell...I was right by here..
    A mexican lady asked for an application and got it...(cashier was also mexican)
    my dads gf is white..She asked for one and they said there not hireing......
    She called corporate and was offered a job for lifee...ha

Wow, that is horrible.

If that happened to me the person would get a solid sucker punch to the jaw.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

If the Muslims can get 700K for eating a non approved chicken nugget from McDonalds, this neighbor should be able to sue the hell out of them. This is what smart phone video was made for... capturing the cold and ridiculous reaction of the store mangler. of course political correctness and race can also play against a valid lawsuit these days. Let the lawyers sort it out. Go hire a young pit bull with some successes under their belt and a big appetite. I would be livid. Good luck to them.... If all else fails, get some good pepper spray. If someone did that to my mom, etc, it would be tire iron time.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I can't imagine this ever happening to me, but it's certainly not a "shoot" situation, if that is what you're asking.

It is certainly something that should be taken to a personal injury attorney (have I told you how much I hate attorneys?) to file suit against the company and it's employee. I believe there is a good case for substantial recovery.

Had I been there, I'd probably be dealing with a misdemeanor assault and battery charge, because I can't stomach people that bully the young, the elderly, or special needs people. I'd just have to do the time.

Putting on of hands and pushing against a wall is a pepper spray situation.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I'd own the Taco Bell franchise by the time my lawyer was done.
    GH and Bark'n like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Assault and battery. There's more lawyers in FL than alligators and they're just itching to get a hold of a case like this. Sue the individual, sue the Franchise owner, sue the parent company, sue the guy standing in the parking lot, etc.
    oneshot, tundra and Spirit51 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    That is just so unfortunate and crass and hateful on so many levels.Second thoughts are easy, but maybe next time post a friend outside the stall as "security"? Very unfortunate.
    ^^ This ^^ and I can't say on this forum how outraged I'd be if this happened to one of my loved ones. I will say this though; no one would lay a hand on my wife, mother, sister or child without gong through me first, and they would know just how serious I would be about it. I'm very sorry for your friend and I hope she sues the heck outta the company. I would also file charges against the employee immediately for assualt. Regardless of her position at the restaurant, she is not allowed to touch anyone for any reason, and if she did, that's assualt, period end of story. That alone should put her on the unemployement line, and well deserved I might add.
    oneshot and scgunlover1 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

If I were the victim here, they would have been calling an ambulance and the Taco Hell employee would have been eating through a straw for the next six months. But, I'm 5'11" and weigh 265 lbs. In her situation, the employee would still be in the bathroom trying to clean my crap off of them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    As far as I know, it is still in litigation. I haven't pried too much on the details. I do know the incident has shaken her up so badly it's given her a case of PTSD. She is seeing a therapist. This incident happened back in the spring, and I know litigation of this type will be slow. I imagine their lawyers can keep the wheels spinning indefinitely.

I don't remember which part of FL it was in.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Outrageous! Fortunately for the miscreant it wasn't any of us, but then again, it's unlikely it would have been tried on any of us. It's definitely time for a lawsuit; and the press.

I think the behavior by the manager was uncalled for and should be arrested for battery. My reaction would have been all bets would have been off at the point I saw her hands trying to push or grab me. I would also file a civil suit against this person, and also one against Taco Bell because she was acting as an agent for Taco Bell.
    BugDude likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    Ghetto is as Ghetto does.

Police report.
    Lawsuit.
    Settlement.
    Trip to the bank.
    Drive by unemployment office to wave at Ghetto Gurl standing in line.
    PRICELESS!
    Some people need to learn the hard way, and for her, the lesson will never be over.
    Sorry your neighbor had to endure a very uncouth slob, with no social graces.
    Jetfuelrm and scgunlover1 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Post an update when you can, please.

+1 on all the outrage.

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

This happened to my neighbor at Taco Bell

Sue Taco Bell's ass off. And, get the local media involved to get that idiot manager axed. Ridiculous.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links