What if you know the BG?

This is a discussion on What if you know the BG? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Old Chief This way you can call them by name when you warn them. Amen. If they are deserving of an empty ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if you know the BG?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    This way you can call them by name when you warn them.
    Amen. If they are deserving of an empty holster, I don't really care who it is. They'll get it.

But if I ever have to put my gun between myself and a current friend, at least I will be able to look them in the eye and say their name when I tell them to get on the ground and spread their limbs.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    This begs the question, what do you do when you face an imminent threat of grave injury or death from someone you know?
    IMO, criminality is and must be treated as "faceless," in the sense that it doesn't really matter who's doing the attacking: if it's an attack that threatens life or crippling injury and justifies the use of force to stop it, I'll stop it.

BG's identity is irrelevant, other than perhaps to have afforded me some additional intel and prior knowledge of his/her thought processes, predispositions, capabilities, whether he/she had recently been making threats, was likely to be armed, etc. If someone chooses to be a perp, he/she will get treated by me as such, even to the degree of using lethal force, if justified. It's the BG's choice to proceed down that path.

I would probably like such a situation even less, but it's my life ... and I've grown accustomed having it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I couldnt shoot my own children, but to defend their lives, Id shoot anyone else....

Now what if one had the other at gunpoint? That's one I dont have an answer to, that's why I pray to The One who does....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    pretty well...

Rule 19. Stay alert.

Rule 20. Stay calm.

Rules 21 -22...See quote...

Rule 23. Call 911..."I feared for my life..."

ret
    Rule 24: I will be happy to answer all your questions, officer, as soon as I've had a chance to consult with my attorney.

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    When I was engaged the woman's teenage son pulled a knife on her. I picked a target and ordered him to halt his actions or I would be forced to draw and put a bullet in him. With him standing stone cold still I dialed 911 and told the woman to get back. She didn't want to listen to that, and that stupidity is one reason we're no longer together.

My target was his left shoulder/upper left chest, the only things I could see around his mother.

Luckily, I did not fire.

I have a druggie uncle, the only drug user in the extended family and the first to be divorced, out of two. I found out some terrible things he did to his daughter - my cousin, a sweet teenage girl. Though she's been removed and my uncle has given himself brain damage with the drugs - had a shock or something, doctors can't figure it out - and he's in a nursing home using a walker at the ripe old age of 40-something, I'm very disturbed to find I want to rip him up, break things on him, and generally do all I can to him out of revenge. I've never sought revenge before and never thought I was capable of it.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not do this thing, but it bothers me still.

Josh <><

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Back when I thought I was going to be a cop, before life got in the way, I used to say even if my grandma broke the law I'd run her in.

A threat is a threat, you deal with the consequences later.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links