Why 7?

This is a discussion on Why 7? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ragincajun Limiting the number of bullets in a magazine to 7effectively eliminates a tremendous percentage of guns that will be "legal" in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Why 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun View Post
    Limiting the number of bullets in a magazine to 7effectively eliminates a tremendous percentage of guns that will be "legal" in NY. Thoughts?
    Seems to me like you answered your own question.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun View Post
    Limiting the number of bullets in a magazine to 7effectively eliminates a tremendous percentage of guns that will be "legal" in NY. Thoughts?
    Anything less than 7rds would eliminate 1911 .45ACP pistols. Apparently, even anti-gunners have limits (currently) as to how far their insanity goes. They're not completely bonkers (yet).

Anything less than 5rds would eliminate revolvers as well, and even the Heller decision wouldn't save them in the courts if effectively banning all handguns but Derringers were attempted.

Anything more than 10rds and they'd be seen as "caving" to the right-winter gun-fanatic, wacko nut jobs. Can't have that.

And so, in NY ... 7rds it is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    They wanted 5. I believe someone who wanted to keep Kimber in NY managed to negoiate it up to 7.
    Kimbers standard is 8 round mags. That doesn't sound right but I wouldn't know. I think Kimber should move out of the us. Heck, all should. These days, that's what's keeping the economy going.

Why 7?
    Because it will make you safer...you know, 7 is the "lucky number"...you're "lucky" it wasn't lower.
    OD* likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Why 7?

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby!

7 is lucky, right? If a thug shoots you 7 times you will probably walk away. 8 times and you are dead. No harm if only shot 7 times.

What? You wonder about shooting (at) the thug more than 7 times? Do not talk to me about violating his rights.

Lead Moderator
    So you can fire one shot a day, all week, without reloading.

Makes as much sense and any other "excuse".
    ep1953 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Don't complain about 7 rounds in the magazine. Next ban will make it 1 in the magazine, giving you 2 shots. That's still better than the 1 round that will be allowed in revolvers.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Because its less than 10, and 5 is low enough where it may not have passed.

Drop a lobster in boiling water and it'll freak and jump out. Put him into cool water, and turn on the heat, and by the time he realizes the water is too hot, its too late. "We the People" really means "We the Lobsters"
    mg27 and ep1953 like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    They wanted 5. I believe someone who wanted to keep Kimber in NY managed to negoiate it up to 7.
    Candidly, this statement says everything that anyone and everyone really needs to know about gun control: it's simply about control, and guns are the fall guys. They're willing to compromise something that the entire liberal world has been so loud about just to keep a little business around? C'mon folks, lets get the real talk on the table and quit dancing around the fire pit.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

If it specifically says "magazine" or "clip" it would not apply to revolvers. They have 6-8 chambers. No magazines or clips.

Should this foolishness become law I'm sure all the manufacturers will be happy to produce and $ell us reasonably priced 7 round magazines for our pistols.

VIP Member
    What most of the 'youngsters' on here don't know or remember is one of the 'unintended consequences' of the 1994 AWB.........

When the 1st AWB went thru & 10 round magazine limit began, this caused the handgun manufactures to start making more concealable firearms. Since they were limited to 10 rounds, the guns got way smaller & easier to conceal. This in turn caused an explosion in concealed carry. 1994 was the beginning of more & more states allowing concealed carry.

If any version of this AWB gets thru, there will be some 'unintended consequences' with this one as well........We've already seen the last couple of months with the mad rush to buy firearms.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    How many bottles of Jack you think they drank before they got drunk enough to invite Feinstein to the party!

Could anyone drink that much?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    Kimbers standard is 8 round mags. That doesn't sound right but I wouldn't know. I think Kimber should move out of the us. Heck, all should. These days, that's what's keeping the economy going.
    Kimber 1911's come with a standard 7 round mag from the factory. Many people buy replacement mags that carry 8.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links