Defensive Carry banner

Why 7?

5K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  ExactlyMyPoint 
#1 ·
Limiting the number of bullets in a magazine to 7effectively eliminates a tremendous percentage of guns that will be "legal" in NY. Thoughts?

#14 ·
I could only "like" the above post once... so I reposted it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TX expat
#10 ·
Even with a magazine limit of 7, that gives you 8 shots with one in the pipe. Is the law worded in such a manner to ban magazines or overall gun capacity? If it only speaks to semi-auto magazines, then 8 shot (or even as with one of my revolvers, 9 shot) revolvers would not be illegal. I haven't spent enough time looking at that garbage bill to know. Especially since I have no intention to ever set foot in NY.

#11 ·
Its been said that the proposal was originally for 5 rounds.. since the law already was to limit to 10, 7 was the compromise.

I dont know about 8 shot revolvers though.. those would be mostly 22lr and 22wmr tho wouldnt they? and 22 cal is usually exempt from alot of these laws..

#15 ·
How many bottles of Jack you think they drank before they got drunk enough to invite Feinstein to the party!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

#17 ·
Anything less than 7rds would eliminate 1911 .45ACP pistols. Apparently, even anti-gunners have limits (currently) as to how far their insanity goes. They're not completely bonkers (yet).

Anything less than 5rds would eliminate revolvers as well, and even the Heller decision wouldn't save them in the courts if effectively banning all handguns but Derringers were attempted.

Anything more than 10rds and they'd be seen as "caving" to the right-winter gun-fanatic, wacko nut jobs. Can't have that.

And so, in NY ... 7rds it is.

#20 ·
7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby!

#23 ·
Don't complain about 7 rounds in the magazine. Next ban will make it 1 in the magazine, giving you 2 shots. That's still better than the 1 round that will be allowed in revolvers.

#28 ·
What most of the 'youngsters' on here don't know or remember is one of the 'unintended consequences' of the 1994 AWB.........

When the 1st AWB went thru & 10 round magazine limit began, this caused the handgun manufactures to start making more concealable firearms. Since they were limited to 10 rounds, the guns got way smaller & easier to conceal. This in turn caused an explosion in concealed carry. 1994 was the beginning of more & more states allowing concealed carry.

If any version of this AWB gets thru, there will be some 'unintended consequences' with this one as well........We've already seen the last couple of months with the mad rush to buy firearms.

Attachments

#32 ·
"Limiting the number of bullets in a magazine to 7effectively eliminates a tremendous percentage of guns that will be "legal" in NY."

You said it right there--it eliminates a tremendous number of guns!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.