Bible/Church people knocked on my door followed shortly by some scum

This is a discussion on Bible/Church people knocked on my door followed shortly by some scum within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If the second pair just coincidentally happened upon the church people on the exact day the church people were out doing door knocking, that would ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Bible/Church people knocked on my door followed shortly by some scum

Bible/Church people knocked on my door followed shortly by some scum

If the second pair just coincidentally happened upon the church people on the exact day the church people were out doing door knocking, that would surprise me. More likely, the two scumbags attend the church or know someone who does (maybe grandma brought a church bulletin home) and received the info regarding the door to door program that way, and planned it.

I'm sure you gave the church the description of the two scumbags. My guess is if the minister reads the description in church, Grandma, or auntie, or pawpaw will realize its a description of a scumbag relative...

2. Remove Ads

Good thinking...that they followed the others(church peolple). I always answer the door armed and with my dog barking in the back round. I have seen many people at the door take steps back just with the presence of the dog. Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Blindeye View Post
    I have respect for the religious beliefs of the people who go door to door.
    But, most of them seem to not understand what the vast majority of us take as
    normal privacy.

I keep my home fenced and gated (with an automatic gate opener).
    One time, as I pulled through my gate, a group of Jehovah's Witness's followed my car through.

I had some time on my hands (and was in my SUV), so I pulled forward past my detached garage and drove away through the back gate on my 10 acres.
    Ran a few errands, and came home about 1 hour later.
    They were still there, trapped in their car as they didn't trust the disposition of my dogs.

I played dumb about not seeing them there, and suggested next time they might want to try the intercom.
    They didn't even preach to me as they left.
    Life Can Be So Cruel!

Quote Originally Posted by Blindeye View Post
    I have respect for the religious beliefs of the people who go door to door.
    But, most of them seem to not understand what the vast majority of us take as
    normal privacy.

I keep my home fenced and gated (with an automatic gate opener).
    One time, as I pulled through my gate, a group of Jehovah's Witness's followed my car through.

I had some time on my hands (and was in my SUV), so I pulled forward past my detached garage and drove away through the back gate on my 10 acres.
    Ran a few errands, and came home about 1 hour later.
    They were still there, trapped in their car as they didn't trust the disposition of my dogs.

I played dumb about not seeing them there, and suggested next time they might want to try the intercom.
    They didn't even preach to me as they left.
    They quit coming to my house after I fenced the front yard and put the dogs in the front. The best defence against the JW seems to be large dogs
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

That's a good scam, never heard of that before. Its sad that these people use the church to assist in their crime. I will let family and friends know about this. Thanks for the info.

Sounds like a setup to me. My "spidey sense" would think "hmmmmmm two earlier, then two more shortly aftwards" The key to me is, you didn't open the door wide enough to let the second two dirtbags(who were probably watching from a distance) see you interact with the first two dirtbags. At least this is how I see how your encounter played out.
    Glad to hear the PD was notified, and you and yours are safe.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I would say they are not very smart criminals. I never answer the door to religious folks.

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, but I do know a number of them here in Nevada. Part of their dress code is to wear suit jackets. I went to their services last Sunday as a bible study, and every man there was in a suit, (except me), everyone was friendly and welcoming. The second two individuals were not affiliated with the first two.

I have a "No Soliciting" sign on my mailbox at the end of the driveway. I figure that's my warning sign that door knockers are not welcome. If they proceed, they have decided to take all the risk. ;)

That said, even with the sign I still got the occasional Jehovah's Witness literature stuck in my door. I wrote a nice letter to the address on the literature to "cease and desist". Word got back from "corporate" to the local head of the group. Unbeknowest to me, that turned out to be a co-worker! He apologized and said it was against their policy to leave stuff at a posted residence and I haven't gotten any more literature since.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links