Good Samaritan video with happy ending...

This is a discussion on Good Samaritan video with happy ending... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did someone mention my name? Concerning the video. ROFL! Bing a tad obese can have it's advantages. At any rate, I would guess the cop ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Samaritan video with happy ending...

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Did someone mention my name?

Concerning the video.

ROFL!

Bing a tad obese can have it's advantages.

At any rate, I would guess the cop was doing what she was trained to do by "trying to push the glock away from her face" she was pushing the slide out of battery. As somone mentioned before, that prevented the weapon from firing. I have little experience with glocks, but if that weapon was DA a second trigger pull could have been very bad news indeed.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by steve_db View Post
    Just an observation:
    I think this is a reenactment.
    Aside from the movements looking staged, the "dashboard" camera is moving and changing focus.
    Dashboard cameras are fixed and don't move. This video's camera perspective is moving and changing focus.

The moving and focus is the work of the video editing department. Usually the news or some show have a person in charge of editing the video to go along with the narrator. But yes, in-dash-cam are always fixed.

What if you where a ccw'er and came out of that convienence store during the end of that video . You would have seen a large bald man holding a gun pointed downward while an officer was wrestling with another man on the ground . Is he an accomplice , GG ?? What would you have done ?? Just another thought .
    Anyone make a IWB holster for my AR ??

I believe the Police department needs to update their training. Having a large suspect lean on the car to cuff him is asking for failure. She should have called and waited for backup. She had her back to other person in car for a moment also. She is lucky to be alive, I would ho9pe that if she doesn't get training from her department that this scares her enough to seek out training on her own.

Linden is a town of less than 3000 people. I don't know exactly what their budget is but my guess is they don't have a lot of extra money for their police department. My guess is the officer doesn't make a whole lot of money either.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
    At any rate, I would guess the cop was doing what she was trained to do by "trying to push the glock away from her face" she was pushing the slide out of battery. As somone mentioned before, that prevented the weapon from firing. I have little experience with glocks, but if that weapon was DA a second trigger pull could have been very bad news indeed.

If the perp pulled the trigger on a Glock with the slide out of battery, and the good samaritan did not re-rack the slide to reset the trigger once he gained control of the gun, he was holding a gun that wouldn't fire -- as though it were going to be of some use controlling the suspect.

The fact that the suspect probably would not know the gun could not fire until being re-racked would be the only thing saving anyone in that case, since you don't get followup strikes with a Glock's action.

If you watch the video he does rack the slide just after he get it out of the BGs' hands. The BG goes to the left of the screen so most people pay attention to him rather than what the GG is doing. Watch it again and you should see it if you watch the GG when he takes the gun.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links