Non-CCW permit wife shoots for me - Page 2

Non-CCW permit wife shoots for me

This is a discussion on Non-CCW permit wife shoots for me within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shoot some of us said shed shoot you in the back me included. Likely a lil tongue in cheek though its a possibility. You know ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Non-CCW permit wife shoots for me

Shoot some of us said shed shoot you in the back me included. Likely a lil tongue in cheek though its a possibility. You know your woman better than we do. If she has the sort of nerve to stay calm and adapt to what she needs to do to pull that off it could work. It all depends on if both of your keep your head set the trap and have practiced that particular move until she can get your weapon smoothly with nothing draw the BGs attention that something hinky is happening or it might get you both shot.
    Or BG could shoot you both anyway. Judgement call on what you think the guy will do. Take the money and split or giving you vibes your a dead duck no matter what you do. Good luck and lets hope that never happens
    Spirit51 likes this.

I used to tell my wife that she should always get behind me if we encountered a bad guy. Then I took a class that was taught by Dave Spaulding (either RACS or Advanced Concealed Carry at TDI) and he said that he tells his wife to get away from him if she sees trouble starting becasue he's going to be the "bullet magnet" - I think that's the term he used. For some reason I never forgot that advice.

Regarding what to do when confronted at gun point - I can't say what I'd do. But simply giving up a wallet doesn't ensure you won't get shot anyway. Hope I'm never caught that far behind the power curve. And just to be clear, I'm not drawing to defend the money - I'm drawing because someone pointing a gun at me (us) is a deadly threat and I may not be convinced giving him money will stop the threat. It really depends on the totality of the circumstances.
    Spirit51 likes this.

I know what I was trained to do if caught at gun point in a mugging but I wont post it in the open for every BG to read that might want too. Some general things are pretty obvious in scenarios posted but BGs have internet too. If you dont think some lurk around just to see what tricks they might expect from a would be victim Id bet you might be wrong. Not all of them are drunk drug crazed numb skulls who cant read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I know what I was trained to do if caught at gun point in a mugging but I wont post it in the open for every BG to read that might want too. Some general things are pretty obvious in scenarios posted but BGs have internet too. If you dont think some lurk around just to see what tricks they might expect from a would be victim Id bet you might be wrong. Not all of them are drunk drug crazed numb skulls who cant read.
    Ya makes sense

I just want everyone to know. I don't think I'm James Bond. I know this is a crazy scenario. But the more we all know. The safer we can be.

I predict that any robbery that actually happens will be vastly different than the scenario that you envision.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    From a legal perspective, I seriously doubt that in a justified life and death, justified self defense with lethal force situation that your wife not having a permit will be an issue with respect to using a weapon that you were carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by highorder View Post
    $20 says she shoots you in the back.
    +1. That was my first thought.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

C5A
    If she misses your back she will hit you in the arm.
    NRA
    Glock 22
    Colt Cobra 38 Spl

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I wouldnt want to take a life over a wallet. Now, if there is "iminent danger" to my life or others, thats a different story.
    Methinks you did not read the entire thread. He is supposedly being robbed of his wallet by someone who is pointing a firearm at him---if that is not imminent danger kindly inform me when imminent danger occurs.
    Spirit51 likes this.

That's what I was thinking. Would be safer just to see how things played out with the BG.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Fla View Post
    Practice with snap caps and see how it goes.
    Or practice with a BB gun and see if you can find any flaws in the tactic.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Would be safer just to see how things played out with the BG.
    Ha! Really? Wow, Ill take my chances with a person who is at least trying NOT to shoot me.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

To answer your question about legality--I don't see why it wouldn't be legal, because the permit is for carrying, not shooting.

(Granted, there may be some strange laws about that in California, where, especially where firearms are concerned, logic does not always prevail.)
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Ha! Really? Wow, Ill take my chances with a person who is at least trying NOT to shoot me.
    Yes, really. You are created a situation for two folks to be involved in a point blank range shootout, both using you for cover. I would much rather have my firearm and a chance to fight back than being caught in the middle of two folks shooting it out using me for cover.
    MrsHB and Spirit51 like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links